Chapter 2: I hear you

*king's pov*

"Helbram??" I cry, holding the helmet up. "Can you hear me??"

"ʰᵉˡᵖ... ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵐᵉ ʰᵃʳˡᵉᵠᵘⁱⁿ" his voice lets out, quieter than a whisper.

"I will! I will help you. Just don't do that to me again." I cry happily, hugging the helmet close to me. If I only I could hug Helbram like this.

"ʸᵒᵘ... ʸᵒᵘ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ... ᶠⁱˣ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉˡᵐᵉᵗ. ʳᵉˢᵗᵒʳᵉ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ˢʰᵃᵖᵉ."

"But how? I'm only good at making clothes... I don't know how to weld metal."

"ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˢᵗᵘ... ᵖⁱᵈ." I hear a small chuckle and I smile. He's already back to himself. "ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ʸᵒᵘ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵈᵒ ⁱᵗ ʰᵃʳˡᵉᵠᵘⁱⁿ. ʸᵒᵘ... ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡʷᵃʸˢ ᶜᵒᵐᵉ ᵗᵒ ʰᵉˡᵖ ᵐᵉ... ʷʰᵃᵗ'ˢ ᵏᵉᵉᵖⁱⁿᵍ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱˢ ᵗⁱᵐᵉ?"

It's true. I killed him three times when he was being a completely different fairy. He's a good friend. I need to do this, I need to save him.

I fly into Merlin's room and try to find something that'll start a fire, along with something to hold the helmet.

"King, what are you doing in my room?" I hear from behind me. Oh crap. I turn around to see Merlin standing there, hands on her hips. "You're not snooping, are you?"

"No- I uh- umm- I'm just-" I stutter. I take a deep breath. "I need something to weld metal. Please."
She scoffs at me and smiles.

"This is for your friend isn't it? I'll help you. But I need-"

"Oh thank you thank you Merlin!!!" I cut her off, hugging her. "I'll do anything in exchange. What do you need?" I say, backing away. She sighs at me.

"As I was saying, I would like to run some experiments on that helmet."

"What kind of experiments? I'm not having you do anything that'll hurt him. I need him." I say desperately.

"No no, of course I won't hurt him. He's a ghost after all. But you remember how I was turned to stone by Galland?" I look at her and nod, confused. "Well I was wondering, since his spirit is inside that helmet, like how mine was inside Aldan, would I be able to give him a body again?"

I look down at the floor, tears swelling in my eyes. "You can't. I destroyed his body before we fought Hendrickson."

"Hmph. Don't worry King. I'll find a way." I look up at her and she winks at me. "I always find a way to complete my experiments."

I fly back to my room, overjoyed. "Helbram!" I shout. "Merlin's going to get you a body!" As I reach my doorway, I notice Diane standing there, crying.

"I'm sorry I messed up King! I'm so sorry. I killed your friend..."

"Diane...."

From author: hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter 😔 I'm overloaded with hw. I'll try to make my next chapter longer. Thank you to those who are reading it!!! I hope you guys are enjoying it, I've never written an actual fanfic before! I hope you guys have a great day or night <3