"Andy, hello" I said, forcing pleasantness into my voice.

"Hey Roro. Cassie just told me about your breakup. I wasn't even aware you were seeing someone. Come on Ro, I thought we were best buds. I'm hurt you kept this from me."

 He said it so seriously I was worried I had offended him before he said, "I'm kidding. I can hear you overthink all the way to my home."

A laugh burst out of me and I clutched the phone closer to my ear. "But seriously Romy, if you want this guy beaten up, I know people who'd do it. No questions asked." I gasped lightly before I said, "While that's a very kind offer, I assure you there's no need for it."

"Alright. But it's only a phone call away and so am I. Just let me know if you need anything at all from me."

My eyes stung at the warmth and love I was being showered in. Before I could start crying again I heard the doorbell ring, which Cassie got to before I did and grabbed the food and walked into the living room.

"Ready for a proper girls Ro? Feels like we haven't had one in forever." She sets the containers down and starts piling enough food on our plates to feed a small army. As we began eating Cassie got sucked into the movie while my mind wandered back to Marcus.

Cassie thought I could be whole again. But I lost a piece of my heart the moment Marcus walked out that door. I'll never be whole again, but I could learn to survive with what was left of my heart. I just hoped Marcus would too.

MARCUS:

The love of my life has left me. And it is all my fault. I ran my hands through my hair furiously as I sat in my home office, avoiding the snake I call my wife. She had the audacity to break Romy's heart. I only hoped she wasn't too alone while nursing her heartbreak. Like I am right now. I sigh as I hear a knock at the door, I already knew who it was. Before I could give her permission to enter, she opened the door like she owned it and walked into my goddamn office.

My jaw clenched as I fought the urge to throw her out of the room. Annabeth sat herself down in a chair facing me with the air of complete and utter elegance, like she didn't just ruin my life. I watched like a hawk as she took her sweet time making herself comfortable, she then proceeded to caress a non-existent bump while she grinned at me with a manic glint in her eye. This was my breaking point.

"What do you want Annabeth?"

"Annabeth? Come on, call me Bethy like you used to." She pouted up at me. Her face looked almost angelic with her blonde hair moving like a halo around her as she made this nonsensical request to me.

"I called you that when I still held some semblance of respect for you as a person. When I thought we had an agreement. I stayed out of your way Annabeth. I promised to divorce you just as our contract specific time period came to an end. I watched you continue your affair with your good for nothing boyfriend. But why did you repay me with this harassment? When I've finally found someone I care for." My voice had risen octaves by now and I could see flashes of fear in her eyes. But she quickly schooled her expression to that of cool indifference before she answered me.

"You answer your own questions, darling. My EX-boyfriend is a good-for-nothing man I want nothing to do with anymore. I realized why Mama and Papa were so against him. I want you. And I want us to have a fresh start. Now that my ex is out of the picture, this baby gives us the opening we need to start our romance anew." She shrugged.

"Have you ever thought about what I want? Because I don't want to have a fresh start with you. I already love someone." I slammed my hand on the table. This woman was exhausting and my patience was wearing thin.

She just rolled her eyes and sighed dramatically, "Marcus honey, I never cared about what you wanted."

I sat there, taking deep breaths to calm myself before I did something drastic and irreversible.

"Get out. And never enter my office again." I all but growled in her direction.

She stared at me for a moment trying to figure out if I was the one who lost my mind. "You can't be serious Marcus. What are you so hung up about? That Romy girl? She's got no money, no name or anything of importance. You have time to mope about this girl until our baby is born. Then we dive headfirst into being good parents and partners in life." She stood up and walked out before I could tell her all the qualities my girl had that make her a thousand times better than Annabeth could ever be.

I pinched the bridge of my nose in frustration. It was time I solved this problem once and for all. But before I did anything, I needed to calm down. I picked up my phone and contemplated calling Romy, but that thought came to a quick halt when I realized she might not pick up, in addition it would cause her more pain. So I settled myself to scrolling through the endless photos of her I had on my phone. A lot of them were only hers in her apartment, in cozy pajamas, cooking, watching a movie, putting on makeup. Some of them were selfies of the two of us, her leaning in to kiss my cheek, me turning my face on purpose at the last minute so she kissed me on the mouth instead, her mock outrage at me.

Recalling those fond memories cooled my anger, but also left a bitter sting in my heart at the memory of what I lost. There is just no way I'll let her go forever. She's the love of my life and I will get her back.

Hello my Loves!

I know it has been wayyy too long since I've updated and I am sorry for that.

Also, what did you think of the Marcus POV? I hope it was a nice little surprise for you guys.

Thank you all so much for all your love and support. I cannot wait for our little reader family to grow to 100k.

I love you all

Stay Hydrated.

Until next time,

Sri❤️