Chapter 6

I am standing in a grand courtroom, surrounded by celestial beings. The room is filled with soft, ethereal light, and the air is filled with the hum of divinity.

The Judge, a radiant celestial being with wings of ivory and silver, is shrouded in mystery with a blue hood that conceals his features. He is seated on a golden throne with his leg crossed and his fingers braided in front of him.

Despite the hood that covered his face, the celestial Judge exuded a sense of authority and power. His posture was confident and commanding, and he radiated an aura of intelligence, wisdom, and arrogance.

The Judge is surrounded by a panel of jurors, all celestial beings of different shapes and sizes, whispering amongst each other as he sits on his throne, listening intently.

I felt a mix of fear and desperation as the voices amongst the jurors came to a sudden silence as the Judge stood up from his throne. He eloquently walked toward the front of the courtroom, towering over the jurors with the space of his wingspan as he addressed the courtroom.

"It is clear to me that the defendant is guilty of the crimes she stands accused of." The Judge declared in a confident, intelligent voice. "The evidence against her is overwhelming, and her defense is nothing more than a series of empty excuses and justifications."

I tried speaking up to defend myself, but my voice produced no sound as the Judge pointed toward me.

"Therefore, I pronounce the defendant guilty and sentence her to the full extent of the law." His words bit with an air of arrogance. "This trial is now concluded, and I shall punish her accordingly."

I jolted wide awake as I found myself lying in a hospital bed, surrounded by sterile white walls and machine beeping. My head is throbbing, and I feel disoriented and confused.

What just happened? I thought to myself as the memories slowly started to resurface from the courtroom and the Judge.

I remember the anger and despair that washed over me as I was sentenced to harsh punishment. It is just like before, except this seems to be more personal.

But as I lay in the hospital bed, a sense of relief began to wash over me as I took a deep breath and closed my eyes. This dream was difficult and unsettling, except this time, it seemed there was more than what it was.

As I slowly came to, my disorientation quickly changed with a sharp pain on my side as I tried to move.

I let out a groan.

That's right; I got run over.

I lay in silence as I stared at the ceiling above me, listening to the beeping of the machines monitoring my vital signs.

My mouth is parched, and my lips are cracked and dry. How long have I been here? I closed my eyes as I tried to remember past events that led me here. I need water.

Suddenly, I hear the door to my room creak open. I opened my eyes to see a nurse carrying a medication tray entering the room. She doesn't notice that I'm awake, and I watch as she sets the tray down on the bedside table and checks the machines monitoring my vital signs.

As she finishes up and turns to leave, I let out a dry croak in a weak attempt to grab her attention. She startles and spins around, her hand flying to her chest.

"Oh! I did not realize you were awake!" she exclaims. "I am so sorry if I startled you!"

I smiled and pointed at the jar of water by the bedside as the nurse rushed over to help me. She gently raised the bed and helped me sit up, propping pillows behind my back for support. The nurse later poured a glass of water and handed it to me.