I-Order in the court

"All rise, court is now on recess."

Sigh. It has been three hours since we started this session. My head is spinning and my stomach is rumbling. I haven't eaten anything yet since last night. I kept on practicing my questions and speech to be delivered on this trial. I want every thing to be perfect for there's no room for mistake. Losing is not on my vocabulary either.

"Jennie, as your bestfriend at this very moment, I order you to eat this. You look pale. It will not do good if you passed out during session". Rosie, my bestfriend outside of work slash my legal assistant handed me a sandwich together with a newly brewed black coffee. She's looking directly into my eyes like saying that I should not decline or else, I'm in trouble.

"Thanks Rosie, I really needed this coffee to keep me awake". I didn't get enough sleep last night thinking of different scenarios that might happen today. Don't get me wrong. I, the one and only Jennie Kim was never in her entire existence felt any nervousness even on the day of the bar exam. I am confident that with every action and cases that I took, I will win. No matter what.

Today will be the last session and the court will decide whether the decision will be in our favor or on the other party. I take a bite on my sandwich and widened my eyes. "This is the best sandwich ever!". I blurted out of nowhere.

"Pfft!" Rosie scowled. "That is from the cafeteria Jen. There is no special about it." She said while shaking her head like it is the most absurd thing I have ever said since the first day we met. I chuckled on her statement and thought maybe it is true that all food are delicious when you're hungry. Can we all relate on this?

Before anything else, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Atty. Jennie Kim, bar topnotcher. I made an oath to myself two years ago that once I established my own law firm, I will dedicate myself to help people that doesn't have enough sources to pay for a good attorney. Yes, at the age of 29 I established my JRJ & Associates Law Office. It wasn't easy. But once you set your goal into something, there is no way I will never achieve that. Anyway, lets get back to the court, shall we?

"Ms. Dara, please prepare your statement. I know for sure that your ex-husband will not let us off the hook. This will be our last chance to convince the judge and jurors before they decide on anything". She nodded and with the detemination that I saw in her eyes plus all our prepared documents, the court's verdict will be in our favor.

The session continued. Arguments are thrown on both sides. This son of a bitch Kwon, Jiyong doesn't want to give up the custody even though all of us here inside the court room believes that he is a living mess. A lot of evidences are already shown that he is not a good husband nor a good father. He abused them. He made her a punching bag whenever he is drunk and even if he is not. Out of boredom, in short. He even use his child's palm to put out his cigarette. How can you call this monster a father?

Park, Dara is a beautiful and kind lady. She told me before that she met Jiyong when he ate on their family food stall. Then he goes there almost every day just to have a small conversation with her. That's all I know.

While waiting for the verdict, my client spoke. "Jiyong was a sweet man". I looked up to Ms. Park (formerly Mrs. Kwon) and saw that there's a hint of shining clear liquid on the corner of her eyes. "We both fell in love with each other. But when we are about to get married, his parents kicked him out. They don't want me to be his wife. Because I came from a poor family and did not even had a chance to go to college. We can't afford it." She then continued. "But he loves me, and I loved him. So instead of pleading to accept us, we built our family without the help from his parents. Jiyong thought that if he lend some of his savings to people and put some interest on it, it will be an easy money for us. It goes well for a few months. He sometimes let me collect the payment." It is my first time to know their love story. Because when we start this case, we are only focused on getting the child and the reasons for not their child to be on her husband's custody.