Chapter Nineteen

'You should have a speedy recovery, just make sure that you don't partake in any vigorous or stressful activities.' Harun addresses Mr. Albert.

'There'll be none of that Harun, don't worry.'

'Good to hear it Mr. Albert.' He pats the old man. 'Wouldn't want you lifting any weights.' He winks.

'Eh, don't make fun of me son.' The two of them laugh heartily, share a few more words and the young doctor departs to his own private room. Harun sighs and stretches, I need sleep and my wife. The thought of her slips a smile on his face, he fishes out his phone and decides to send her a quick text. He feels like whining about his day despite the fact that nothing out of the ordinary happened. The usual; checking on patients, prescribing new medication, couple of x-Rays and one surgery.

Habibti? ;) Harun grins at his childishness.

Yes :p I'm busy, he frowns at her response, ha! We're going to change that darling.

Too busy for me?

Ya Sheikh, I have many things to do

Make time for me woman :p

No. Go work. I'll see u in the night iA :) I swear she wants to get rid me of sometimes. I do become too inquisitive. Serves me right.

I'm buying dinner tonight, don't make anything

Really? From where? Ahuh! Now I've got her attention.

Be ready at 8 :)

Ready? What?! Harun, what's going on? Tell me!

No. Bye babe ;)

Harun! Fine. Considering that the young couple have the entire house to themselves, Harun decides that he wants to have a romantic dinner with her. He's been having a lot of time on his hands and after his outburst at what happened to his wife with that Person- he wants to make up for it. Man, the things I would do to give that guy a piece of my mind. He wouldn't hear the end of it. I still can't believe I let it go.

'There he is, the man who got rid of me.' Harun is pulled out of his happy bubble by the voice he hasn't heard of in about a week.

'What do you want?' He doesn't bother turning around. Instead he begins texting Samir.

'I want your attention.'

'You can't have it, anything else?' Jessica scoffs.

'C'mon Hari, I just want a little of your time.' Ugh! Not that name again!

'No.' He dumps his phone in his pocket irritated.

'Well it's a good thing I got to wifey then.' That statement makes Harun go rigid, what did she just say...

'What?' His voice is close to a whisper.

'Ah never mind. I bet you're not interested anyway.' The nurse shrugs and heads for the door. Harun is tempted to stop her and demand an explanation but he didn't want to talk to her any longer or feed her ego for that matter. He grips his hair tightly, what did she do?! Gosh, she's so annoying. Did she say anything to Jamila? She doesn't even know her, she's probably just lying. Oh my Lord, protect my marriage. Harun pinches the bridge of his nose, takes a deep breath and masks on a positive attitude to get through the rest of the day. I can't wait to get home.

Jamila stares at her phone in a daze, babe? He's never called me that. He's in a wonderful mood today. The counselor rests her head on her big leather chair and stares at the frame on her desk. It's of her and Harun, a picture taken outside of the Burj Khalifa in Dubai. They're smiling away. If only life could always be like that. She massages her temples at the thought of what happened today. Bilal had stormed into the clinic and demanded to see her. She had heard loud voices and a feminine one equally loud. No doubt it was her friend Rumana. Jamila had filled her in on the events that took place during their sessions, Rumana was shocked to say the least and readily agreed to give him a male counselor instead. When she stepped upto Bilal and informed him of the change, things went haywire. Jamila hid in her office, refusing to meet with him let alone speak to him. She promised her husband and she wasn't about to go back on her word. She was deathly afraid of his reaction last time and God forbid he finds out about today-it's easy to say that Bilal would be six feet under by now.