Coffee Shops -Markiplier x reader

It was a bright afternoon in L.A., and as always, you were walking to your job at a little cafe, not too far from your apartment. The sidewalks were always stirring with busy people trying to live their busy lives, so you'd hate to imagine being stuck in the L.A. traffic, even in this little neighborhood. And even though it was quite hot in the scorching sun, you still had to dress in black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt as it was your cafe's "dress code" for their workers. You did have your hair tied back in a messy bun to make it a little less hot; it hardly ever worked though.

By the time you reached the cafe, you reapplied your deodorant and body spray to make yourself smell pleasant once more. Walking in, you greeted your usual guests. A lot of them have been going there for years, even though you had only started about 7 months ago to help pay your way through college. Your goal for college was to come out with an animation degree with a pretty good hand at editing.

You walked behind the bar and into the main office, greeting your coworkers as you passed and clocking in. You threw on your small half apron and proceeded to the register, greeting your first guest of the shift, which just happened to be another regular.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Hanks. Your usual?" You smile politely.

"Y/N. How many times do I have to tell you? Please call me Thomas." The older gentleman chuckles gently, shaking his head at you.

"Oh, yea," you smile, "sorry, Thomas." You ring him in for his usual: a large coffee with oat milk and sugar, and one ham and cheese slider.

"You, girl, always take good care of me," He hands you a $10.

You take it gently and giggle, "I sure try, Thomas. If I don't, then who will?" You try to hand him back his change, but he stops you, putting a hand up.

"Keep it, darlin'. Have I ever told you that you remind me of my wife when she was younger?" Mr.Hanks has talked about his late wife before. She unfortunately passed from cancer at the young age of 42. You always love hearing about her. No matter what, Mr. Hanks never fails to bring a smile to your face with his stories of how he and his wife lived before she passed. You've always wanted a love like that, but were too focused with your school that you didn't have time to look for a significant other at the moment. You have your whole life to find them, so why rush?

"I'm honored, Thomas. Thank you," you smile at him, putting your hand over your heart.

He nods at you, giving off a heart-warming smile, and walks down to the other end to wait for his order. Upon receiving it, he kindly thanks the barista and waves to you. "See you later, Y/N!"

"Bye, Thomas! Have a great day!" You call back, responding to his wave with one of your own.

Hours later, you were almost finished with your shift; and as much as you loved the place, you sure were tired. You perk up when you hear the bell on top of the door chime, signaling another customer. This man, who you've never seen before walks in. His dark hair shone in the California sun, and his eyes sparkled as if he was on a new adventure to uncharted territory. He walks up to the counter, blossoming with curiosity.

"Hello, sir! Welcome in! Do you need a minute to look over the menu?" You ask, cheerfully.

"Uh.. Yes. Please," the man responds, his gruff voice, melodic to the ear.

"Of course, and if you have any questions, just let me know," You keep on with your cheery tone, hoping not to scare the new guest off; but you also really wanted to go home.

"What would you recommend?" He asks, before explaining himself. "I'm new to the neighborhood,
just moved into the apartment building around the corner, and I have yet to find a coffee place I like."

"Hey. I live in that building too," You smiled at him, trying to make conversation. "And I definitely would recommend (your favorite drink)."

"Oh cool! Let me get that!" He smiles back at you.

"Give me a few minutes to be off and I'll walk you back to the apartment!" You gleefully offer, to which the kind man accepts.

"I'm Mark, by the way," His sweet voice stretched across the whole establishment.

"Y/N. And hey. It's on the house today. Welcome to the neighborhood." You smile, knowing this was the start of a beautiful friendship. Never did you think it would blossom into something more.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey there! It's been a while! I know this one is shorter than usual, but I was writing it at 3am, literally, and I was just trying to keep myself awake because I now work nights, and I need anything to keep myself from falling asleep.

Anyway, it's short, but sweet. If you see any errors.... my bad.. as I said.. 3am and I was half asleep. If you have any requests, make sure to drop them in the comments because I sure have no idea what to write half the time.

I hope you enjoyed it! Lmk what you think in the comments!

And as always,
Stay beautiful, My Lovelies 💜