Ghost Gal -Ryan Begara x Reader

After some time, you were finally a part of the ghoul crew. You believed in ghosts, however you did think that all of the ghost shows on tv did have a hint of fakeness to it. So you, yourself set out to find out, without it being falsified.

You walked into the Buzzfeed building with your head held high. Your newly found confidence quickly faded as you realized how big and complicated the building actually was. As you looked, you didn't even notice you were walking until you bumped into someone, making you drop your folder and yelp in surprise. You bent down to pick it up, immediately apologizing over and over, saying how you should've been watching where you were going and how you were just looking for the Unsolved office.

The person you bumped into turned around, facing you. "Hey, it's okay. I'm Ryan. I'm guessing you're the new ghoul gal?" He chuckled.

You stand up, looking at Ryan, adjusting your glasses. (Yes, in this one-shot, you're blind like me.. suffer) "Yea. I am! Nice to meet you! My name is Y/N." You offered your hand and he shook it immediately.

"Cool. The office is this way. Shane is out right now, getting coffee. Speaking of which.. Would you like anything? I can shoot him a text right quick." Ryan offered. You nodded and told him what you wanted to order, before mumbling a quick "thank you". "It's not a problem. We wanna make you feel welcome." Ryan texted Shane, telling him to add what you wanted to the order, only to get a thumbs up as a reply, and then looked at you once more. "C'mon! I'll show you the setup!"

You happily followed Ryan as you looked around the huge building, taking note of the path and notable things so you remember how to find your way back to the office. Soon enough, Ryan stopped at a door, then looked back at you.

"Here we are! The Unsolved office!" He beamed, making you giggle slightly.

"Looks mysterious," you kid, making him chuckle.

He opened the door for the big reveal and it looked truly mysterious, but in a good way. You notice in the corner a mannequin in the corner of the room dressed in a suit and tie and a fedora. It looked kind of creepy, but for some reason, you liked it. There was a desk set up with three chairs with a flippy type board behind it with tacked up maps and photos on it. The entire room looked like a 1920's detective office would look like. You absolutely loved it.

"So, what do you think?" Ryan came up behind you, putting his hands on your shoulders.

"I love it! I absolutely adore this aesthetic!" You practically squealed, making him chuckle.

"I'm glad. Why don't we sit down and wait for Shane? He should be here shortly."

You nod, taking the middle seat, and him sitting to the left of you. The makeup crew soon came up to you, making sure the lighting and the camera didn't wash you out or make you look bad or anything like that. After they gave the okay, Shane busted through the door with a cup carrier holding three cups of coffee. He handed Ryan his usual, and then handed what he could only assume was yours to you.

"Thank you," you smile, taking the coffee.

"No problem. I'm Shane, by the way." He smiled, holding out his hand for you to shake.

"I'm Y/N," you shook his hand, before letting go and taking a sip of your hot beverage, humming in delight as the hot liquid touched your tongue and warmed your throat as it went down.

Shane takes the empty seat to the right of you, before addressing Ryan. "Alright, Boogara. What are we doing today?"

Ryan glared at Shane playfully before answering. "I was just thinking we should introduce our new ghost gal to the audience. Then tomorrow, we fly to West Virginia to shoot our next segment at the Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum."

Shane gave a thumbs up, "sounds good, boo buddy!"

You only giggle at the nicknames. They must be pretty close to have fun little nicknames like that off camera.

"Does that sound good to you, Y/N?" Ryan asked you, breaking your train of thought.

Looking over at him, you smile and answer "Yep! Sound's good!"

That was when Mark, the cameraman, gave the 30 second warning. It was a short 30 seconds before he gave the thumbs up, signaling that you were now recording. Ryan spoke like he has done so many times before.

"Today on Buzzfeed Unsolved, we want to introduce our newest member to the team." He smiled at the camera and looked at you.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Y/N! I'm glad to join the team and excited to hunt some ghosts!" You beamed, making Ryan and Shane both give a small chuckle before Shane started speaking.

"So, Y/N, tell us a little bit about yourself! Where ya from?" He took a sip of his coffee, awaiting an answer.

"Well, I'm from (home state), and I am 24 years old. I came to California for school, studying (major). The supernatural has always interested me. I do believe in ghosts and cryptids, but I also think they either exaggerate or completely fake their evidence and reactions on a lot of the ghost hunter TV shows, so I am hoping to find some solid evidence, not have it overly exaggerated or fake in any way. I would love to make it a full time job if possible," You smile, kind of going off on a ramble.

Ryan and Shane nod. "Well, it's great to have you on the team! Hopefully we will get you the evidence you're looking for!"

After about fifteen minutes of them asking you questions and you answering them to the best of your ability, they finally decide to end the episode. Mark, finally signaling the camera had stopped recording, you exhaled a breath that you didn't even know you were holding. Ryan and Shane just laugh.

"First time on camera?" Shane elbows you softly.

"Ha.. Yea... Could you tell?" You awkwardly laugh.

"Not really," Ryan butts in. "You did extremely well!"

"Thank you," You smile lightly.

Ryan puts a hat that says 'Ghost Gal' on your head. You beam up at him, appreciatively. "Welcome to the team, Ghost Gal."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I have always been a huge fan of Buzzfeed Unsolved, and now I love the Watcher channel even more. I just never thought about doing a fanfic/one-shot over one of the ghoul boys. So might as well add it to the list!

Anyway, I am always taking suggestions on all of my books! Please tell me what you all would
like to read so I kind of have an idea and I'm not just shooting in the dark.

Thank you so much for reading! It feels good to get back into writing again!

Stay beautiful, my lovelies 💜