Your Former Dreams Held Close to Your Heart

A/N: THIS IS POSSIBLY WORSE THAN THE AKIRUI BITE CHAPTER BUT I HAD TO SET UP MIZURUI AGAIN SOMEHOW LOVE YOU GUYS BYEEEEEE.

i hope the positioning in this isnt too confusing...

updates are decreasing to being bi-weekly! sorry guys. mondays and fridays is now the schedule

This is the stupidest thing Mizuki has ever done, and that's definitely saying something.

Does that change the fact that they trust Rui more than anyone else and will happily give into his whims, if it excites them? No, it doesn't. So that's what brings them to just go along with his dumb request.

In the end, detention by An for running in the halls would probably be milder than detention by Rui's math teacher for hiding under his desk during class, but they digress. Sometimes logic isn't the thing that drives you to do things, and instead it's the way the thought of getting away with it does something to their brain.

They put on Rui's sweater over themselves and mentally willed their body to turn into a cube and look anything like a potentially dangerous robot-contraption, and felt Rui lean his backpack against them in an attempt to hide the way their limbs stuck out of their improvised cover.

Mizuki giggled as Rui grabbed their ponytail (gently, of course! Not that they would complain) and dragged their head to his lap. Whether to conceal their obvious mop of pink hair, to simply to fulfill some secret fantasy or to be able to have them close by in a cutesy display of affection Mizuki was not sure, but they went along with it anyways. They felt Rui's breath hitch as they fully placed the underside of their chin onto his lap, before he sighed, and then carefully attached some sort of note Mizuki hadn't fully read to their back and the back of their disguise— aka, the side that would be truly visible to the teacher.

Since Rui sat at a window seat (like a depressed rom-com anime protagonist, they snorted to themselves), and his backpack covered the open passage to Mizuki's left, or, in other words, Rui's right, they had slight liberty on what they could do as long as it wasn't visible from the front of the classroom, which provided some... interesting ideas, but Mizuki wasn't becoming the romantic interest in some trashy hentai anytime soon.

Instead, they simply tried to stay as close to Rui and the wall as possible, closing their eyes and taking a deep breath. Time for possibly the most nerve-wracking thing they've done— but doing this with Rui made it so... so...

Exhilarating. And Mizuki had been craving Rui's eccentricness for far too long.

Rui can feel every little breath Mizuki takes.

Normally, that would be very weird, but at the same time, they hadn't voiced any sort of discomfort, and after their years of friendship, Rui trusted them to tell him if there was anything up or figure a way to get them out the classroom if they took back their decision to go through with his frankly stupid plan. But they didn't, and Rui loved it.

Mizuki... you're just so perfect, He sighed without words, lovingly, as he properly pulled them close. He felt the tingly vibrations of Mizuki's giggling, and his next breath got caught in his throat as they fully got themselves comfortable.