Candy

A/N: Mizurui talk time! also akito is suspiciously eager to let rui stay at his house tbh

no tws unless specified. tsukasa angst next chapter SLAY

"Hey, Mizuki-kun–"

"Can you drop that?" They said, suddenly, surprising even themselves.

"Drop what?" Rui didn't sound mad or annoyed, but they still felt bad.

"I'm sorry." Mizuki quickly apologized. "I mean the '-kun'. I'm just Mizuki. Mizuki-san if you really have to."

"It's alright, it's not a problem. Whatever you feel comfortable with, of course." He reassured. "May I ask why? You've never had an issue with it before."

"I don't know. It just feels weird." They tried to explain. "Like it doesn't belong there."

"Hm, alright. I'll do my best to correct that habit of mine, then." Mizuki could tell Rui was thinking about something else, but since he didn't bring it to attention, they figured it probably wasn't important. "So, Mizuki-chan? No, now I feel weird saying that–"

Mizuki didn't hate it, but it did sound weird coming from Rui himself. "Let's just stick to our names. I think we're past that point. I'm Mizuki, and you're Rui."

"Sounds like a fair compromise. Alright then, Mizuki."

True to her word, Nene left with Tsukasa and his sister a bit after the show ended, following Emu's departure. Despite knowing that nothing bad would happen just by talking with him, they couldn't help but feel a bit nervous, like they were forgetting something important that had happened between them they should be anxious about discussing with him.

Regardless, they waited near the park entrance, after having looked around for a bit and indulged themselves in cotton candy and other sweets at the park. Being able to gain money from their music uploads was great for moments like these where simply everything caught their eye, and they couldn't be more grateful to have the ability to spend money on things they wanted.

Nene-chan wasn't lying... he really does take a long time... They thought with a sigh, checking their Nightcord after noticing some DMs from their friends.

"Mizuki?"

"Ah, there you are." They smiled at the sight of him, putting their phone into their skirt's pocket. They were so smart for sewing that in. So convenient. Screw most skirts for not having pockets on them.

"Were you waiting for me? How bizarre." He smiled at them.