Day ∞ | The One

It's the day before I'm supposed to pick up Nameless now. The time seems to have escaped me. It's like one day she was gone and now she's not. It's officially go time. Well, I hoped it was go time. I wanted her to call me up so badly and just let me have one night alone with her. One final night in the place she called home because I hurt her.

I wanted this place to be untainted. Not a place of pain that I made for her. I want one final good moment to stamp a positive note on her once home. I sit at my computer patiently waiting for a call that takes forever to come.

When it does I'm out the door in seconds. I've never gotten permission to run out the door with Nick's car faster. I know that I break almost all laws on the way to see her. But I won't admit that to myself, and you can guarantee Nick will never find out about it either. He might actually kill me if he finds out how fast I was flying down the highway in his car. Sorry Nick, but not really.

I pull up to her apartment and sit outside. I know that I shouldn't have come this early, but I couldn't help myself. She's still got a few hours left of work, but I can't imagine being any further away from her. I know it's best to just sit here and wait instead. I don't want to bother her at work, and I can't go inside. I can do work from my phone if I need to in order to pass the time.

I end up dozing off while I wait. It was the best way I thought to pass time. I didn't want to just fill time to fill it. I probably had a long night ahead of me, and an even longer day so sleeping took priority in my mind. Don't get me wrong, I work quite well on limited sleep. But I wanted to be the best version of myself for her. I don't think there is a crime in that.

When I wake it doesn't take long for my phone to ring. It's a Facetime call and just the thought of seeing her face excites me. She clocks out for her final shift and she's officially all mine again. I'm smiling from ear to ear but I can't be sitting at her apartment when she arrives. I've officially entered stealth mode.

I drive down the street in the opposite direction from where she works and pull off in another plaza parking lot. I pull out my phone and for the first time I record a video log on my phone. It's a change but I want to capture my feelings in the moment, that was the point of all of these right? I had time to waste, with feelings playing on max, I had to get them out.

"Hey you." I smile at my phone. "I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting to officially spend my last night with you alone. You know, before we move you back to the Dream Team house. I never thought I'd get to say that again. I'm beyond lucky that you are the girl that I fell in love with."

I shake my head in disbelief. She choose me out of everyone. She choose me even after all the chances I fucked up. We helped each other more than anyone I knew. We were truly two peas in a pod. Or the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It was always meant to be.

"Sometimes I still don't believe it you know?" I look off into the distance, not directing my attention toward my camera. It's still a thing I struggle with. "Like how, out of every person we've met, how was I the person you picked and I l, the person, who picked you? We could have had anyone. But we picked each other." I say in a bit of disbelief.

"Whole heartedly Aps, I don't know why you have. I've never been the best. I treat my job better than I have ever treated you. My friends from hundreds of thousands of miles away sometimes even get better treatment. But here you are still sat at my side like I'm the cream of the crop. But I'll be damned if I ever let you go again."

A notification appears that she's wants me to come over but this log must be finished before I go. If this clip ever sees the light of day, there's a point that I need to finish.

"I never let you go, in any situation, because I wanted someone better. It wasn't like some people who need to try out a bunch of people before they realize 'omg they're the one'. It's not like that at all. I've always known you're the one. Brains are just fucked up things we need to navigate sometimes." I sigh and end the recording.

I know that if I head over to her house immediately that she will know I left way before I should have. But I don't even care. I just want to wrap her up in my arms and never let go. I don't even know if she will let me. I hope she does.

Again I speed to her apartment and run up the stairs to her door. I knock so fast and so hard, I half believe I've broken my knuckles in the process, but who even cares. The moment she's in my view every pain in my body releases. Every fiber of my being ignites in a euphoric happiness and I am at peace with her around again.

I wrap her tightly in my arms, lifting her feet of the ground as I squeeze her tightly. I take a deep breath in getting the scent of home wafted into my lungs. This is everything I've dreamed of happening finally actually happening. This isn't the last time I will get to hold her. I will get this exact thing every single day for the rest of my life if I wanted to. That felt fucking incredible. I felt fucking incredible.

We don't say a word. We don't interrupt each others thoughts. We just cuddle in a comfortable silence. Which seems like a situation we both haven't found ourselves in so long. I was happy to say, and I hope she was happy to say, that we officially put our puzzle back together.

————————————————————-
Hey hey everyone! I hope you are all having a fantastic day! I'm editing this on lunch and it's a zoo here. It's safe to say, Christmas season is a shit show! But that's retail for you!

Anyways, I love you all lots and hope you're enjoying the story.

Much love, Ashley <3