Day ∞ | Balance

Nick's words sit heavy on my heart. I sometimes forget that they lost me too. I became a shell of a human. No where near the man they needed me to be. But that only drove me to be a better me.

I needed to make sure not only myself, but Nameless and all my friends were getting the love and support they needed and deserved. It's was a balance I would have to sort out in my mind. It would take some time, but I would get there eventually.

I'm having dinner with Nick and George in the dining room for the first time in awhile when my phone goes off. I glance at the name and it's hers. I feel rude for answering but, I have an idea. I answer the call and put it on speaker immediately.

"Hiiii." She says all excited.

"Nick and George are here. We're having dinner. What's up buttercup?" I glance toward Nick and George after giving her a pet name but they pay no attention to my words. It's shocking and I'm trying to get them to notice.

"Hiiii." She responds in the same excited tone. "So I've packed up all my stuff." Nick and George's attention pulls toward my phone in the center of the table. Finally.

"What do you mean?" Nick responds before I do. His voice has a tinge of excitement, and it should because she's coming home!

"Clay didn't tell you?" She asks confused, but still excited because she's coming back.

"I wanted you too." I answer her question before Nick or George speak.

"I'm moving back soon. It's why I haven't been talking much. With work and packing and everything going on I haven't had much time to sit on my phone. I've wanted to bring it up but I figured he would have so I thought you already knew." She rambles and the way she does makes me smile. It's so damn cute.

"We really miss you here." Nick sighs before shoving some of my mom's home cooked meal into his mouth.

"Speak for yourself." George retorts. Typical George.

"George you love me." She responds like nothing can break her. It's a complete switch on how things previously were. It's like her worries have completely slipped away. I hoped it was my words but it's doubtful.

"She's actually coming back? Like you didn't tell her to call just to say that right? To make me feel better?" Nick directs his attention from my phone to me. He doesn't want her to answer. He wants me too.

"No, she's actually moving back." I chuckle. "Probably before the end of the week?" I question myself and her.

"Yeah something like that. Still have to figure out how to quit my job. And get over the fear that Tony is going to kill me." She says nonchalantly. "I just want my friends back."

"What about that guy?" George asks. Asking the one question we all have lingering in our heads but aren't dumb enough to ask for. Yes, I'm calling George dumb. He asks stupid shit sometimes.

"Lake will be okay." She responds softly. Her entire mood dropping just at the thought of him. I can tell what we did to him hurts her. She feels guilty. But it's inevitable right? Her and I are too attached to ever let go.

"Poor dude got fucked." Nick says followed by a laugh.

"Actually didn't but yeah." Nameless tries to join in on his joke. Nick looks at me for confirmation and I nod my head.

"Roasted." George adds.

We talk a little longer. I can feel the entire mood of the room shifting. I know only good is coming from this but I sense a tension with George. He's never had to live with her before. His routine will be fucked with. He doesn't like that.

I think he hates his space being invaded. Nameless used to invade Nick's a lot. She'd walk in unannounced or just bug him whenever she felt like. I feel like George feared that for himself. He didn't want it. He wanted his privacy and his alone time. There was nothing wrong with that. I guess I just had to reassure everyone that it was all going to be okay.

Nameless leaves the call and the two boys at the table with me give me their full attention. I don't ask for it. They just look at me like they're waiting for me to say something.

"Yes?" My eyes bounce between my two friends. They ask me what the fuck has been going on and I spill. I have to. I can't keep things from them. Not now that the cats out of the bag.

I don't go too in depth about if her and I are dating because I still don't know the answer to that myself. We don't go into deep talks about that. We keep things short and simple because until we are around each other again, I think it's the smartest idea for us.

I don't want her hating me for sucking her back into this life. I did give her the space she needed to come to her own conclusion. But there's no doubt our interactions helped swayed her. Just like me, she has a strong pull to me she can't control. When we're together, when that spark starts it never goes out. It's just what we live with now. It's what we will live with forever.

--------------------------------------

theres something about this interaction between the four of them that makes me really happy. i don't know why, but editing it did make me smile.

 i hope you all enjoyed, if you did make sure to leave a vote and a comment. comments have been lack luster and then makes me sad face!

anyways!

much love, ashley <3