Chapter 18

Moon's POV

"Yes, relocate the stalls by the entrance of the palace gate so the staff within the palace can also enjoy the event and the Imperial Family can participate however much we want and then nobles and commoners can perhaps come together to greet the first snow." I said while Hyejin wrote it down so it would be settled immediately. The people around the palace has been buzzing.

"I didn't realize how severely tiring being a court lady is during the preparation of the festival." She whined and slumped back on her seat.

"You said you'd help me." I rose a brow. " Well I said I would, simply because I thought I'd be able to catch some gossip to take home around here." She bluntly replied.

"Ohh, now your intention is showing." I gave her a pointed look.

"You think I came for you? You're quite assuming, Your Highness." She rose a brow and put her hands on her hips.

I rolled my eyes. "Why am I even hanging out with you?" I muttered under my breath.

"Because A.) You have none that is classy, posh and madly hot as me and B.) I was bored and it was so not right for me not to socialize so I befriended you."

"Ugh." I shook my head in disagreement. She can say whatever she speaks her mind and completely forget I am an Empress.

"Anyways, The concubine..." She trailed. I let out an exhausperating sigh.

"Oh here we go again-"

"Oh please, she just arrived and you quickly went to her for a momentarily tea? Are you sure it was just for a cup of tea?" She smirked. It was more than just tea, it was mainly about settling some paper works on giving Amira a noble title. My decision is final about buying Amira a title because it was infact my initial plan way back two years ago before the Line Up started.

My next plan would be getting Amira her own mansion and I'm assigning Countess Catherine to search for a suitable one to keep her busy. She doesn't need to secretly follow Amira anymore because she's living with me now.

Maybe this way Amira wouldn't worry about finding a place to stay if I might end up upsetting her over some minor arguement in the future and wouldn't wanna see me for the time being.

And with regards to her title as the Imperial Concubine, her contract is practically almost over because our deal was to be a stand in concubine till Amira comes back.

I looked at Hyejin in disbelief, "What do you think Catherine and I are doing?"

"I don't know, probably finally f*cked because it's been so long since you got-"

A knock paused our conversation followed by a slight rustling behind the closed doors.

Not only my face turned pale, Hyejin couldn't paint her expression seeing her.

"A parcel has been delivered for Your Highness." She announced lifelessly, it anxiously made me overthink that maybe she heard our conversation.

I cleared my throat and composed myself.

"Thank you . You can put it on the couch." I smiled.
"Hmm." She only grunted and placed the box on the couch without giving us another look.

"D-Do you like the gift I sent you?" I immediately asked. However, she only tilted her head and asked, "What gift?"

I blinked for a few times, there's no way it didn't deliver to her because I personally asked the Head maid to put it right on the vanity for her to easily see it.

"You know the-"

The telephone rang just as I was about to finish my sentence and I quickly paused for a moment to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"You're unusually generous today. Thank you for the jewelries, I really like them." Countess Catherine, my current temporary concubine spoke from the other line.

My blood immediately ran cold. For some of you who didn't remember, Catherine was one of theconcubine participant 2 years ago to look after Amira but after the tragic incident, someone had to 'act' like I have a concubine so there won't be any more concubine line up pressured upon me. She was the most trustworthy one out of all.

"The jewelries..." I whispered and immediately I watched how Amira remained looking at me with a complete deadly straight face.

"Yeah, I'll talk to you later." I quickly hang up and faced Amira.

"Honey, what-"

"I think you addressed the jewelries to the wrong person so I sent them back to the rightful owner." She spoke and my mouth immediately hang open.

"Y-You're misunderstanding things..." I trailed, "It's for you.."

I didn't know what happened that things suddenly didn't go just how I planned it would.

"It's fine you don't have to cover up the mistake, I didn't like any of them anyway." She said. The way that my heart cracked in disappointment. I personally picked them hoping she'd like it.

"You didn't like them?" I asked them again. "I'm sorry, Your Highness. I'm quite busy for the preparations. Is there something else you need from me?" I unconsciously pressed my lips into a thin line, trying to subside the hidden anger building up inside me.

"Nothing else, you may leave." I replied, not bothering to look back at her as she leave. That hurted me so much.

"Wow." Hyejin whistled at the awkward situation and the way she stepped closer to me sounded like a mockery.

"Are you sure that's Amira?" She asked. I painfully nodded my head.

"She's.... Stingy." She scrunched her nose and looked at me with entertainment. "She didn't hear what I said, right?"

I chuckled, "I might have to sew your mouth the next time around."

"God forbid, I didn't know she was there!"

"And I might probably have to use your head as decoration on the wall if I get rejected just because she thought I f*cked Catherine..." I muttered under my breath before sprinting from my seat and chased her down the halls.

"Hey, Hey!" I quickly grabbed her arm to stop walking away from me but when she turned her head to face me, I immediately felt horrible. She was crying.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" I cupped her face. "Don't touch me!" I was too late to act fast that I was immediately shoved away from her.

"I've had enough of your games. It's time for you to grow up instead of f*cking people like me knowing far d*mn well you have a f*cking concubine." I took a step back back as I looked at her in shock while she screamed at me and next thing I knew, she stomped her way down the halls.

What...have I gotten myself into?

To be continued ..

HI GUYS, IT TOOK AWHILE FOR ME TO PUBLISH ANOTHER CHAPTER BECAUSE MISS GIRL CAUGHT A FLU (DON'T ASK HOW MANY TIMES I GET SICK IN A YEAR, I HAVE SEVERE IMMUNITY ISSUES LOL) AND THE UNIVERSITY DEADLINE WAS VERY GRUESOME SO I HAD TO HUSTLE.

ONE THING I'VE BEEN MEANING TO ASK IS THAT WHETHER I SHOULD MERGE THIS BOOK WITH THE SEASON 1 OF CARS OVER CROWNS. I'VE NOTICED A NUMBER OF READERS OF THE SECOND BOOK HAS DROPPED VERY LOW AND I WAS WONDERING WHAT HAPPENED AND I ASSUMED ITS PROBABLY BECAUSE THERE ARE SOME READERS WHO READ THIS BOOK FIRST BEFORE THE SEASON ONE AND IT PROBABLY LEFT A LOT OF CONFUSION, THATS WHY SOME DROPPED IT.

ANYWAYS, I HOPE Y'ALL DIDN'T MISS ME TOO MUCH AND I HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPPIE~ TILL NEXT TIME!