Chapter 4

Amira's POV

I'm supposed to be good at serving the table but somehow my hands have been unusually cold and shaky and I felt extremely nervous for the obvious reason.

I remained my head low as much as I can, hoping that I won't get recognized whenever we're asked to help serve them on the dinner table. Fortunate for me, the Empress is too emersed with the Duke and his right-hand man's stories about political problems that she never spared glances on the servants.

Not that I am recognizable enough wearing this sanitary mask, atleast their meticulous hygienic standards helped me in remaining as invisible as I should be.

There are three out of all the countless people whom I thought I wouldn't expect to see again and now, this man who's supposed to be Moon's fiancee is now marrying Moon's brother and is currently asking for the future Duchess's blessing!

Abbas, Moon's ex fiancee and Moon are definitely here eating infront of me .

How unfortunate could I be? I am unable to even escape and hide, even if I had a choice, my shoes are practically glued on the floor because of the mixed feeling I am currently experiencing seeing her after 2 years.

Ryo isn't even doing a good job in concealing the obvious that I am here since she's been glancing over where the servants should stand. It seems that Moon's ex fiancee is catching unto that when he looked at her confusingly.

I glanced back over where Moon sat and she had her back facing me. The jet-black shiney hair suited her well and she's almost looking like a devil herself. The aura from before was different, I couldn't pin point what it was but the atmosphere around her was a bit lifeless. Even the way she speak is so monotone and animated yet disappointing for me because I almost swooned just by hearing this monster's voice. Oh how could I feel like this to someone who almost killed me?

"Also, the reason why I am here aside from asking your blessings personally is that... We all know how the Imperial securities and servants have been lacking and their service qualities in Iverton is downgrading and recently, I have heard about the recent event happening around the imperial rest house and I would love to discuss about it and propose a negotiation with you." My ears rang upon the said event. She probably knew I was there and she knew who I'm with! Or was she? She said she's intoxicated, didn't she? Wait-

"However, I'd like to keep this matters confidential and I would appreciate it that it would only just be the two of us here." Moon requested. Dear Lord I'm having goosebumps. I made eye contact with Ryo and shook my head to disapprove. She only sighed and looked back at Moon.

"Karl, please escort Axel and Abbas out for a tour around the house." She ordered, the head butler bowed and as soon as the butler clapped his hands twice, the servants scurried out of the dining area, including me. I was still confused where I'm going as soon as everyone left the room.

My job only was to help Ryo in the morning and help around preparing the table for meals and maybe serve them.

Not knowing what's going on inside is killing me. I badly want to hear what their conversation is about. For a moment I considered about going outside and hear about it from the open window but the second I looked for a way out, I remembered my daughter who was probably aslee-

F*ck! My daughter! I looked around and sprinted towards the kitchen .

"Riley?" I scanned the kitchen only to see maids with a questioned look on their faces.

"H-Have you seen Riley?" They immediately shook their head as a response. I mentally cursed and remove my head piece in frustration. I completely forgot about warning her not to run around.