Side Story 5-3: Why did the Archduke's Household in the Breck Kingdom crumble? 3

Start from the beginning

That was Choi Han’s answer after already having visited the Archduke’s Estate earlier in the day.

* * *

“This is crazy……!”

“I can’t deny that. But who do you think is the crazy one?”

The person peeking out the window stopped talking for a moment after hearing his friend’s comment. His friend continued to speak.

“Is it the Archduke who messed with a throne candidate who was traveling to another kingdom? Or is it Princess Rosalyn who said that the Archduke’s family name will disappear from the list of nobles if they do not seal their doors for 500 years?”

“…Seriously, why the hell did something like this happen in the Breck Kingdom?!”

The man and the woman… The two reporters were in a residence near the Archduke’s Estate looking out the window to see what was going on.

“Princess Rosalyn is amazing. I heard she sent the message to the Archduke’s Estate regarding sealing its door yesterday evening?”

“It was more of a declaration of war than a message.”

“…And the royal family?”

“They’re calm.”

The palace was completely silent.

However, all sorts of things were being said throughout the Breck Kingdom starting from the capital.

Most people were not even aware of Princess Rosalyn being missing.

That was why all sorts of theories were being created about her mysterious disappearance and the Archduke who attacked her.

“…The Archduke’s household gathered troops? The proof the princess brought with her was thorough. The Archduke’s seal was on the document ordering the troops to attack the princess.”

“It’s a clear violation of the fundamental rule.”

The missing Rosalyn suddenly appeared in the kingdom and attacked the Archduke’s Estate while revealing the fact that the Archduke had gathered troops.

Anybody who had even the slightest interest in the royal family knew that the Archduke’s household was not allowed to gather troops.

“The nobles are quiet as well, right?”

“Who knows? The royal family and the nobles both look quiet on the outside but I’m sure it is quite vicious there right now.”

“…There might be a huge political strife between the throne faction and the noble faction if something goes wrong.”

“It’d be a blessing if it ended in just political strife.”

One of the reporters could not hide their anxiety.

There was only one reason for it.

“It might go beyond political strife to a bloody battle. If that happens, the peace in the Breck Kingdom will break.”

“…Groan.”

It was at that moment.

Screeeech-

The large iron gate that blocked the entrance to the Archduke’s Estate slowly opened.

Clack, clack, clack.

They could hear the sound of hooves getting louder.

“Son of a.”

“…Looks like there is no going back now.”

A Knights Brigade arrived in front of the wide open gate. They were all riding horses and gave off a vicious aura that showed that they had not only been training for a day or two.