~Drain Spear Slash!~

Depuis le début

"What?! No, surely you can do it! Right? Please?!" I clasped my hands together. She shrugged.

"The best I can do is give you somewhat of a tough opponent to try out your strategies against. Though, it won't be very accurate." She warned. I sighed and kicked my foot a little.

"Yeah, I guess training for someone like him isn't exactly easy." We were silent for a bit while we contemplated how I would overcome this.

The sun was beautiful on our skin and I almost wished I was enjoying it on a beach somewhere instead of at a bey stadium stressing.

Suddenly, Brie put her hands on her hips.

"Wait, aren't you two literally together?" She deadpanned and I could feel the judgement from behind her mask.

I pursed my lips and avoided eye contact. Curse my heart for beating faster for absolutely no reason.

"I mean...yeah? What's that gotta do with anything." I mumbled my words out from the sheer embarrassment of just admitting that I had a boyfriend.

She rolled her eyes, or at least, I'm pretty sure she did.

"You train together all the time and you know each other! If anyone would know how to beat him, it would be you!" She stated matter-of-factly.

I thought back to all our training sessions together which must have been months ago. They were murky and...I couldn't make out much.

But if Free had some sort of weakness I could use against him, I definitely wouldn't have forgotten it.

"If I'm being honest with you, he knows tons of my weaknesses in battle and I don't think I even know one." I sighed in defeat and collapsed from where I was standing.

The pink-haired girl came over and stared down at me pitifully.

"Seems like he's got you wrapped around his finger." She commented. My head stayed down in shame.

"I would normally disagree but at this moment...yeah." She shrugged again.

"Good luck." She was about to walk off when I lurched up and grabbed her coat.

She looked back and I could feel the confusion radiating off her person but the determined look in my eyes stilled her.

"Wait." My tone was low as the gears in my head turned like crazy. "I might have an idea." She sighed and sat down.

"Go on." I took a moment to collect the thoughts running through my brain as the sudden idea manifested and built itself up.

"Spear Slash." I stated simply. She tilted her head to the side.

"'Spear Slash?'" Her tone was sceptical.

"That one move of yours that gathers momentum by bouncing itself around the stadium before transferring all of the built-up power into one point, right?" At my nod, she hummed.

"I'm pretty sure I've seen you execute it before. I recall thinking that it was similar to one of my brother's moves with his big sword on the top of his bey. But that's just one of your moves, how is it supposed to beat the top blader in the world?"

She asked inquisitively. The creepy grin on my face must have made her more suspicious of my plan as she slowly backed up.

"Here's the plan."

~~~

"And welcome back bey fans!'' The familiar blare of the speakers as the announcer screamed through the mic was loud even from down here on my platform.