23

"If we're going to do this, I am going to need some clothes," Arabella stated, her head poking out from behind a tree. "Maybe get some from the village."

"You want me to steal clothes from the people that you killed?" Xavier questioned, he thought about it for a moment. "Wait, I don't want you to answer that. I'll look for some clothes. Just stay behind that tree."

"Well, I won't be walking around with some clothes on."

"Shut up, Arabella."

~

It felt like it took Xavier forever to get back to Arabella. She was freezing. When she finally saw a shadow coming towards her, she breathed in relief.

Xavier gave her a dress that looked like it belonged to a maid, which made Arabella roll her eyes.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you would be so judgemental considering the situation you're currently in. Do you want me to take it back?"

Xavier started taking away the dress but Arabella snatched it from his hand.

"You're an infuriating man."

"Thank you."

Arabella stepped back from the tree, now fully exposed, and threw the dress over her head. As she was putting her arms through the sleeves she noticed that Xavier was watching the entire time.

"What? Do you like what you see, Xavier? Xavi? Zay? I can go on." Arabella laughed, "You remind me of myself."

"Maybe that's why we work." Xavier stated. "If It will make you feel better. I can take mine off for you."

"You know... That would make me feel immensely better."

"I wasn't being serious."

"But I was." Arabella stated, pulling her dress down, "I am the one who was completely naked so it's only fair-"

"I'm not the one who is a werewolf." Xavier replied, "We need to start heading back towards an open road to try and avoid any of the guards. They all know what you look like."

"But they don't know what I am. No one does."

"Come on, Bella."

That name made her completely freeze.

"I'm sorry... Do you not like that name? It just came out. You started calling me strange nicknames-"

"Xavier. It doesn't have anything to do with you. You can call me that if you want to." Arabella said, she paused for a moment, "My ex-boyfriend called me Bella and it still stings when I hear it."

"Then you can call me Zay. My ex-girlfriend called me that."

"Okay," Arabella stated. She put strands of hair behind her right ear, and closed her eyes, and concentrated. She could hear people in the distance. "We need to start going. I hear people coming."

Xavier held out his hand and Arabella took his gesture and put her hand in his. They started walking in the opposite direction, towards the road.

"What happened with your ex?" Xavier asked, trying to get to know more about Arabella. But when she didn't answer, he sighed, "We were hiding our relationship from our families because a family like hers isn't supposed to date someone like me... When they found out about me, they left. She didn't even get to say goodbye to me," he paused, "I found out through my parents. They were so happy to tell me."

"Did you ever find out what happened to her?"

He looked over at her, "You just killed her. Her name was Colleen. She didn't even recognize who I was."