21

"Okay, Xavier, I will be right back." Arabella stated before going into the woods to change into the ballgown that the girl was wearing.

She came back and was wearing a black and blue ball gown. The man helped Arabella back up into the carriage, and nodded his head.

"You look beautiful, my lady." Xavier commented. "I'm positive that the Count would be honored to meet you, Lady Colleen."

"Her name is Colleen?"

"Yes." He replied. "Her father, Sebastian, is a longtime friend of the Count."

"The Count knows Colleen?"

"No, he never got the pleasure of meeting you." Xavier stated. "As long as you curtsey low enough for him to see your cleavage, you'll be okay."

"What do you mean?"

"He loves a healthy cleavage."

Arabella looked down at her cleavage and nodded her head, "He sounds like a delightful human being."

"You have no idea."

~

Once they arrived at the castle, Xavier helped Arabella out of the carriage, and escorted her in.

She looked around at the castle and was in complete awe. She has always dreamt of being in one, but never got the chance to.

"Stop looking around like you have never been in a castle before." Xavier whispered to her. "You have to be exactly like Lady Colleen."

"And how do I do that?" Arabella responded. "I thought that no one had met me before."

"No one has but that doesn't mean that no one has heard the stories-"

But she stopped listening once she heard someone say: "His children the Lords Finn, Niklaus, Elijah and Kol. Also the lovely Lady Rebekah."

Arabella saw the back of the man she's still in love with, and ran out to the first hallway she saw, and threw up into a pot that was sitting on the ground.

She was sitting down on the ground when Xavier came running in after her. He saw her on the ground, crying.

"What happened?" Xavier questioned her, sitting down on the ground next to her. "Who was the man that you were staring at?"

Arabella tried to slow down her breathing before answering: "He was the love of my life."

"Was?"

"He still is, but I am no longer his."

"How do you know that?"

"Because he no longer has his memories."

"Oh."

"It's a long story but I didn't think I would be seeing him so soon." Arabella stated. "I just don't know what to do."

Xavier put his hand on top of hers and smiled at her, "You can go back in there and have the time of your life. Don't let some guy take control of your life."

"Thank you." Arabella replied. She wiped the tears that were running down her cheek and got off the floor. She held her hand out and helped him up. "Now let's go and let you introduce me to the Count."

"After you." Xavier stated.

~

Xavier and Arabella walked back into the ballroom, Xavier now walking in front of her walked up to the Count. The older man was sitting on his throne and was staring down Xavier.