°•° 19 °•°

Start from the beginning

"Woah, good morning to you too," she croaked, rubbing her eyes. "Are you the official breakfast maid?"

I cracked a smile. "I was the only one up so... apparently."

She looked up at me. Her smile was sleepy yet warm and I was standing a little closer to her than I meant to since I had accidentally fallen in. For some reason the mix of these two things made my heart rise to my throat. I had to swallow it down.

Sav blew at a strand of wild, bed-head hair that sat over her eyes. "As amazing as breakfast sounds, I need to do something to fix... this before I go eat." She gestured to her frizzy head of hair. "Could you tell my mom that I'll be down in five?"

"Yeah, sure."

"And make sure Logan doesn't take all the food."

I chuckled. "I'll try my best, but it might be hard."

"I give you permission to punch him if he eats it all."

"Ah, thank you. I'll probably end up having to."

She hid a smile. "Record it for me, will you?"

"I wouldn't miss the opportunity."

She laughed once before her eyes trained on the piece of hair that had fallen back over her face, making her go crossed eyed. She huffed and flicked it away. "Okay, I need a minute. Out." Before I could realize what she was doing, her hand was on my chest and pushing me back into the hall.

The door closed on my face and I snorted. "What? You didn't want my hair styling expertise?"

"Yeah, no thank you. You'd find a way to make the bob come back."

I rolled my eyes, calling, "I'm not that mean."

"Sure you aren't."

"Wow, love you too," I said sarcastically as I crossed my arms.

"I know, I'm just generally lovable!"

Snorting, I shook my head and made my way back down the stairs to the kitchen.

When I slipped into the kitchen again, both Andy and Logan had already made their way down, definitely not fixing their bed head before coming to eat. Mr. White had also emerged from wherever he had been and all three of them were plating up.

"Sav told me I could punch you if you didn't save her food," I told Logan as he dished up his fifth slice of french toast.

"Pft, I'd like to see you try."

"Is that a challenge?" I teased.

"Okay, no need to get feisty about breakfast," Daniel interjected, only mostly joking.

"Here, I saved you the best pieces before they were ravaged." Natasha held out a plate with the hand that wasn't wrangling squirming Abigail.

"Thank you. And I can take Abigail back if you want." I set my plate at the table and then reached out for Abby. She blew a bubble with spit and turned her head slightly at my voice. She was gaining more strength and recognizing me, which pulled an involuntary smile to my face.

After going to get Abby's carrier and placing her in so that I could eat without having to hold her, Sav tumbled downstairs, her hair mostly combed and a little less frizzy. But not completely. But at least it was characteristic of her.

"Did you punch him?" she asked me hopefully.

"No, he actually did leave you a few slices."

She slumped.