Chapter Thirty-Nine

Začít od začátku

"Shut up and keep walking."

We've been walking for a while, this road seems familiar but I can't tell where I remember it from.

"Where are we going?" I turned my head to Katsuki. "Chill we're almost there." Okay I guess. I wonder what he has planned for us, hopefully it's not a restaurant because I'm still full from dinner.

We kept walking and that's when I realized where we were. I stopped and let go of his hand. "I'm not going in there." He turned around and looked at me with a semi-annoyed face.

"You have to face them sooner or later anyway. Might as well get it over with now." We were walking to UA, he was trying to take me to the dorms.

"I can't, I'm not ready." I don't want to see the others, I haven't prepared myself to face them yet.

Katsuki came back over and stood in front of me. "Do you really want to go back?" His eyes had softened and his voice was gentle like he was genuinely asking me.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes. "What do I even say to them?" He took my hand into his. "Say whatever, they won't care. They just want to see you."

Fuck, I hate this. But I do miss them and from what Katsuki just said it sounds like they miss me too.

"Okay." I let him lead both of us to the UA gates. We entered and made our way to the dorms. I was nervous but I knew I didn't have to be.

Katsuki held my hand the entire way there, he even squeezed it a few times to let me know that everything was okay and was gonna be okay. I smiled at him and kept walking.

When we made it to the dorms I had to stop for a moment to prepare myself. After taking a deep breath and calming down my stomach I was ready.

Katsuki walked us up to the door and he opened it. I walked in and didn't move until Katsuki was inside too. He closed the door and we went over to the common area.

When we did I saw that everyone was there sitting around talking to each other. I didn't need to say anything because Momo had noticed me and quickly stood from where she was sitting.

"Y/n." Just by saying my name she had gotten everyone's attention which then turned their attention to me.

I just stood there, unable to speak. I wanted to turn around and run back home but I knew I had to get this over with. It was a few seconds before I saw Midoriya get up from his seat and walk over to me.

He stopped in front of me, I expected to say something but he just wrapped his arms around me and brought me into a hug.

It took me by surprise but I still wrapped my hands around him. "I'm so glad you're okay." I could tell he was crying even though I couldn't see his eyes.

We stayed like that for a minute or so before parting and he wiped his tears away. I had gotten a bit of courage after that so I walked over to the rest of them.

I spoke. "I'm sorry. I wanted to tell you guys the truth but I thought-" I was cut off by several hugs from Mina, Sero Kaminari, and Kirishima.

"We missed you so much!" Mina shouted. "Don't leave us again!" God, they really are dramatic, oh well, at least I know they aren't upset with me.

Eventually, everyone joined in the hug and I could feel my heart swell. I was happy to be back, I was happy I got to be with them again.

After a bit they let go and started talking all at once. I didn't tell them to slow down, I just smiled and tried to listen to what they were saying.

Todoroki tapped my shoulder, letting me know he had something to say. "I understand you did it to protect us but there's something I wanted to ask."

I didn't say anything and waited for him to continue. "Why was Shigaraki acting like that when he wanted to take you back?" I saw everyone's faces and saw they were wondering the same thing.

I was ready to tell them the truth, no more lies. So I did, I sat down on the couch and I explained everything. I didn't tell them about before, with my parents but I told them about everything after.

When I was done I waited for them to say something. They were all just processing it, trying to make sense of it all. "Damn Y/n."

My eyes moved to Sero. "You have one awesome back story." I blinked a few times before laughing. "Thanks." He smiled at me, I think he was happy to see me like this.

I rubbed my hands together before speaking again. "Guys I really am sorry." I looked up at all of them. "I really do care about all of you. I'm sorry I realized it a bit too late."

Iida spoke up while doing his weird hand motions. "The important thing is that you're safe and understand your mistakes. There really is no more to be sorry for."

The others nodded. "Your bravery will not be forgotten," Tokoyami said as he crossed his arms and leaned back into the couch.

I'm glad I have these guys as my friends. "Hey why don't I make you a cake? Since you didn't get to eat the one you had before you left."

Everyone liked Sato's idea but didn't move until they got my approval. I smiled and nodded. "Yeah, that's sound great."

They got excited and started heading to the kitchen. I was about to follow when I noticed Todoroki still sitting on the couch.

I remembered the conversation I had back at the League's base. He had been getting up when I went over and spoke. "Hey, Todoroki." He turned his head towards me. "Yes?"

"I just wanted to check up on you. I know we aren't the closest but I still consider you my friend so." He had a neutral face but his eyes gleamed a bit.

"To be honest I've wanted to be close but I didn't know how to approach you." He said. "Plus you were always around Bakugo and I know he would have been angry if I got close."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Yeah, sorry about him." He shrugged. "I've been dealing with him for three years, it's nothing new."

"Well if you ever want to we can hang out. Maybe play board games or something." He tilted his head a bit in a confused way. "How did you know I liked board games?"

Shit. "Midoriya mentioned it." Luckily he made an 'oh' face and nodded.

"Hey, guys get over here! Y/n you can lick the spoon!" I didn't waste another second and went over to them.

I felt good, I feel really happy.

******
1685 Words

How was it?

Cake? Cake🤌