C H A P T E R : 1 2

•••••••

•••••••

‎‧₊˚✧ AUTHOR's POV ✧˚₊‧

The basement exuded an oppressive atmosphere, reeking of dampness and neglect. The sole illumination emanated from a lone, faltering light bulb suspended from the ceiling. In the heart of the space, Luciano sat bound to a chair, his features marred by bruises and blood. He had committed the ultimate offense, daring to lay hands on Jeon Jungkook's spouse, and for this, he is going to pay.

Jeon Jungkook stood before Luciano, his expression cold and calculating. He exuded an intimidating aura in the basement, with his tall, broad-shouldered frame, slicked-back hair, and sharp jawline. Several of his men, stood behind him with their firearms at the ready.

"Do you understand the reason for your presence here, Luciano?" Jungkook inquired, his voice deep and menacing. Luciano's eyes widened in terror as he nodded frantically. "I-I promise, Mister Jeon, it was a mistake! I had no idea she was your wife!" But Jungkook's expression remained unchanged as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. He took a long drag before exhaling a cloud of smoke. "Ignorance is not a justification, Luciano. You have interfered with what belongs to me, and that is a grave offense".

Luciano's desperate pleas for mercy were met with indifference as Jungkook signaled to his men. Without hesitation, they seized Luciano and forcefully brought him to a secluded table in the corner of the room. On the table, an array of menacing tools and weapons lay, all intended for causing immense pain and suffering.

Trembling with fear, Luciano begged for mercy, his struggles futile against the restraints that held him in place. But his pleads fell on deaf ears as the mafia king's expression grew even darker. Luciano's heart sank as he realized the gravity of his situation.

"You should have considered the consequences before you dared to touch my wife," Jungkook's voice was cold and unforgiving. "Did you really think you could buy her from me? Now, you will witness the consequences of your actions. Every tear that fell from her eyes because of you will be repaid, you fucking bastard."

As Jungkook gave a subtle nod, his men sprang into action. With relentless force, they pummeled and kicked Luciano, shattering his bones and eliciting agonized screams from him. The Mafia King observed with a cold detachment, taking a drag of his cigarette. After a few minutes, his men ceased their assault and stepped back, revealing the battered and barely conscious figure of Luciano.

Jungkook strode over to him and knelt down, his face mere inches from Luciano's. "Remember this moment, Luciano. Remember the pain and humiliation you have brought upon yourself by laying your hands on what was never yours," he growled with malice dripping from his voice. "You have dared to touch Jeon Y/n Jungkook... my wife, for whom I would serve the entire world on a silver platter. But you, you dared to touch her".