Chapter 16: I am Strong (2)

Start from the beginning

Cale did not react at all to Raon’s comments.

‘The Hunters might know the name, Mary. Necromancer Mary is quite easy information for them to distinguish. Although nobody has really seen your appearance, it is probably better to use a fake name.’

Her name became Heni Wishrop at Raon’s suggestion and Mary’s acceptance.

“Umm, I truly apologize for this ma’am, but may I see something to verify your identity?”

The administrator seemed quite wary of angering Mary as he cautiously asked. Cale smiled underneath the hood as he watched the administrator’s demeanor.

‘Mary really did leave a strong first impression.’

– Human! Our Mary is so cool!

‘I agree.’

Cale agreed with Raon internally.

“Here is the crest of the Wishrop royal family.”

Mary pulled a ring out of a pocket in her robe and handed it over.

“It is fine if you verify it.”

The administrator had a handkerchief over both hands as he quickly received the ring respectfully.

‘If this crest is real-!’

Although it was not at the level of the Iska Empire’s Imperial family, this woman would have quite a bit of legitimacy as well.

There were many people until now from perished kingdoms and even ones that still existed who tried to register for this Imperial Crown Prince candidate test.

‘Most of them were half-assed or people with reckless dreams.’

However, this Heni Wishrop in front of him, even without her identity, her skills alone were enough to make him think about the most likely Imperial Crown Prince candidate, the First Imperial Prince.

‘No. She might even be stronger than his Royal Highness.’

The administrator felt himself getting calmer for some odd reason. Of course, it was not that the shaking had stopped.

“Verify it carefully.”

“O, okay.”

He handed the ring to his friend and his friend kept peeking at Mary as he got up. He headed toward the back and took out a book and a special device. The administrator quickly explained to Mary.

“Ma’am, it will probably take some time to verify as we do not remember the crest of Wishrop. We will just use a magic device to confirm that the crest was not manipulated. Please accept my sincerest apology.”

“It is fine.”

“Yes, ma’am, then in that case-”

The administrator asked her about her age, residence, and other basic information. Mary answered as she had discussed with Durst in advance.

“Okay, here is the last part, ma’am.”

The administrator looked toward the three robed individuals standing behind Mary.

“It is crucial that three helpers join you in this test. Will it be these three people?”

“Yes. They are my-”

Mary hesitated for a moment before responding.

“My faithful subordinates.”

Shhh.

The three of them removed their hoods.

‘Mm.’

The administrator gulped while looking at the three people who either had masks covering half of their faces from the nose up or a mask covering their full face.