Chapter 47: They Never Stood A Chance

"Victor!" a tall, beautiful brunette with dark red eyes called from the front door. "Victor! Come here darling! You must see this! Your lover has come to save his friend!" A pale hand grasped me around the neck and shoved me through the front door of Jenna's house. "He looks just like your old lover I killed all those years ago. Uncanny, don't you think?"

She swung me around roughly to face him. Victor stood silently at the back of the living room, looking pale and tense. His shoulders pitched upwards. He moved forward slowly, as if afraid cause alarm. "He's not as handsome as your other one, but I suppose the general features are there." A pout ran across her pretty face as she flung me across the room. I landed on the marble floor with a thud.

"You're absolutely no fun tonight, Victor!" she yelled. "You killed that girl before I could even have fun with her! Honestly, I don't know why I trusted you. You murdered her so quickly. I've had my eyes on her for months now. And just like that," she snapped her fingers in front of his face. "You broke her neck!" Soreana's face came eerily close to Victor's. "You know dead blood is undrinkable! Why did you have to be so cruel?"

My stomach crawled as I watched her fling her dark brunette curls over her shoulders. "Unfortunately for you, this one's mine. I want to have some fun before I make him like us...you know?" Soreana batted her dark brown eyes at him. They flashed red–a warning sign of hunger.

I inhaled more deeply than I meant to. I looked up at Victor for validation. Was Soreana speaking the truth? Was Jenna really dead?

I found it hard to believe. Then again, maybe Victor had figured that a quick death was much better than a long, drawn-out one. I struggled to keep calm.

"What do you think, cutie?" Soreana suddenly grabbed me by my hair, pulling me upright from the floor. She flung me onto my back. I cried out in pain as she mounted me. "Want to have some fun?" I felt the wet, slickness of her tongue glide over the nape of my neck. I shivered. "Victor's not included. He ruined my night." She cast a wicked stare at him, part flirtatious and part animosity. "What do you say? Want to have a drink and spend the rest of the night out on the town?"

I felt my insides twist into knots. I pressed a knee into her gut, but it only served to further her enjoyment in tormenting me.

"Oh honey, please! I'm not a man!" she laughed above me.

"That's enough, Soreana! There's been enough death for one night," Victor's voice came out hard.

"Oh, Victor," she cooed. "Who said anything about death?"

Victor took a step and then quickly corrected himself. "Soreana."

"What?" she preened to look up at him, dark eyes blazing. "I haven't forgotten my promise, Victor. Since I killed Thomas, I've been so, very, lonely."

Victor took a breath, eyes dancing between the woman holding me down and my own. "So you've told me," he gritted his teeth.

"What," Soreana laughed, "You're not getting cold feet are you?" She looked down at me, "Victor's always had issues being faithful, my darling. Don't worry. You're not special."

"Soreana!" I watched Victor's adam's apple bob inside his throat.

Where the hell was Thomas? My heart pounded inside my chest.

Soreana stood suddenly. "Be quiet!" Her hand lashed out so quick that Victor had no time to react. Within a fraction of a second, blood streamed like a fountain from his throat. Soreana smiled, then leaned over me while Victor grasped at his throat, a horrid burbling sound coming out of it. I watched him fall to the ground, immobile.

"What do you think, sweetness? You want to spend eternity with me?"

I looked at Soreana, unable to pull my gaze away. She was beautiful and for all that beauty I felt incredibly chilled and sick. My stomach lurched as Victor crawed toward us. She kicked him. Victor groaned, his back connected to the ground, no longer capable of moving. Where the fuck is Thomas? I shuddered at the sight of Soreana above me. I turned my head away as leaned down to kiss me.

"I'm gonna take that as a yes!" She pulled me upright, making my waist connect with hers. "Why don't we go look your dead friend before we finish the deal?" She smiled, holding the back of my head. I nodded weakly.

Just keep her occupied until Thomas makes it in here.

But at this point, I didn't know how much faith I had left in him. Victor was bleeding out on the marble floor. Jenna was... dead.

Victor reached for me again, a terrible burbling sound came from his throat. Soreana kicked him, "Don't try to talk sweet now, honey! He knows what you did!" She turned to me. "So, Phillip, is it? How does it feel to see the man you loved betray you?"

I stared at her. Words failed me.

"He deserves it, you know. Thomas did too. And your friend," she pointed to the kitchen where Jenna's head lay resting on the dining room table. "She deserved to die as well! I'm just sad that Victor killed her instead of me. I would have loved to cut those pretty braids from her head before she died." I shuddered. "No woman can be prettier than me, you know? If they are, the only way to fix it is for them to die." She smiled at me as if I was supposed to be excited about what she said.

She pulled me up, then pushed me through the kitchen until I was standing behind Jenna. "Say goodbye to your friend." I heard the smile in her voice as she leaned over me.

I stood numb at the sight of Jenna. Her head lay flat on the table, one arm resting on her lap while the other supported her forehead as if she were merely resting. A tear fell down my face, hitting the marble floor beneath me. I stared at it. At the floor. My eyes raised to see that Jenna's neck had been bitten, but there was no sign of a snapped neck. I hid my gasp. Victor hadn't killed her. Victor, what did you do?

"Times up, honey bun! Let's go," Soreana grasped me by my shoulders and led me through the kitchen. "Grab your last meal cupcake. Make it good."

"I'm fine," I gritted out.

She swooped in front of me, "What was that?"

I eyed her. Hatred seethed through me. "I said, I'm fine."

"Oh, sweetness, you're too cute! Believe me, you're gonna regret not having your last meal. After I'm done with you, you won't be able to eat ever again." She made to grab me, but she suddenly stopped. "You!" she shrieked. I ducked as Thomas barreled past me, throwing Soreana into the wall. She laughed, a strange mania gripping hold of her as with one twist of her arm, she managed to grasp hold of Thomas's neck.

I heard it snap. Heard Soreana as she fell to the ground laughing. "As if anyone stands a chance against me!"