2. 𝓐𝓻𝖏𝖚𝖓.

Start from the beginning

" Ranaji I am sorry for the delay. All of you please proceed towards the Palace. I'll take care of my daughter here and get back just as soon." So he had a daughter too. Interesting. I couldn't help myself and once again, my eyes attempted to seek her as she was leaning into her father in search of assurance and for a moment, all I wanted was to pull her in my arms but just as soon, her eyes tore away from mine and she looked away.

" It's okay Mr. Dhar. I will see you back at the Palace. Keep the car with you." I replied, tearing my gaze away from her and walked away before I could act on my thoughts and walked to dad's car after asking the driver to drop them.

Once again, as the car passed them, I found her eyes peeking at the cars, still clutching her father's arm tightly.

The rest of the ride was silent with a few conversations here and there with dad.

" Mr. Dhar has a daughter?" I couldn't stop myself from asking him.

" Yes. Siya. She lives in Jaipur. Vineet was mentioning that she'd be here either by today or tomorrow after her semester exams." He replied and I gave him a careless nod.

Siya Dhar.

Mom's charity gala was exactly how it was every year with people socialising and celebrities performing among which she tried to play matchmaker for me. Thankfully, this year, she had left me alone.

" Why do we always have to attend mom's events bhai? They are so boring. I'd rather be sleeping at home than be here." Samarth, my younger brother made his way to the bar where I was currently seated.

" We have to keep up appearances Samarth. Besides, mom puts her everything in planning these events. This is the least that we can do." I said as he took a seat next to me.

" I'll have whatever he's having." He ordered scotch for himself too.

" I know, I know. How was work? The Taneja deal went through by the way. They've agreed to all the terms and conditions of the contract." He said and I nodded. He may be a troublemaker but he knew his work.

" I'll need the documents first thing in the morning." I asked him and he nodded his head in acknowledgment.

" Jahanavi was asking for you a while back. Something about a promise you made to take her on a boat ride date?" He asked, raising a brow.

" She is a bloody good manipulator that one, your daughter." I told him and he laughed.

" Don't I know it? Yesterday she made me have tea party with her." He snorted, gulping down the Scotch in one go.

" Excuse me while I go and apologise to her and promise her to take boating tomorrow." I stood up to find her.

Jahanavi was playing with another kid as they were standing next to mom and Mrs Dhar.

" Arjun, there you are. Your PA handed over a hefty cheque for donation. Thank you." She said, giving me one of her brightest smiles.

" This is all yours mom." I replied.

" Bade Papa....you forgot to take me boating today! This is not fair." Jahanavi whined, pulling the sleeve of my coat jacket and I couldn't help but chuckle.

" I am so sorry my princess. I promise to take you tomorrow, okay?" I asked, picking her up in my arms.

" Okay but now we'll also take Kritik with us and then we will go for toy shopping!" She negotiated and looked at me with her big eyes.

" As the princess commands." I pecked her cheek as she asked me to get her back on her feet and introduced her friend to me.

" He is Kritik. We study in the same class and he's my best friend." She said, gleaming as she looked at him.

" He is Nupur and Vineet's grandson." Mom replied and Mrs. Dhar gave me a courteous nod.

" Kritik greet Ranaji. Where are all your manners beta?" Mrs. Dhar picked him up in her arms as the boy looked at me, shyly. I hadn't seen him before today.

" It's okay Nupur. He's just a kid." Mom replied but that was when the kid's eyes lit up and he laughed.

" Siya Bua!! Daadi put me down. I want Bua!" He struggled in his grandmother's arms who put him down at once.

That name again. Her, again.

As he ran towards the opposite direction, I turned around with mom to look and there she was, once again with the same smile, bending down as she extended her arms to let the kid run to her and then picked him up and for the second time today, I felt the existence of my heart in so many years with her laughter consuming me in.

Hey guys! This is the second chapter. Please tell me your honest reviews. I will really appreciate it. I love you all. Until next time. Bye!!