Chapter ζ

(Pic of Herc and Gabe cuddling )

Human Realm: Blood-Wolf Pack

Hercules was very close to tear his hair out and scream with frustration. After his check up with the pack doctor - who had cleared him - he begrudgingly accepted Gabe's overprotectiveness. He knew Gabe's wolf was the one who had orchestrated everything form the personal 24 hour guard to the regular check-ups and the regularly delivered meals to their room. But as the days wore on, and he no longer felt pain from his injuries, he decided it was time to exercise a little. On his own. Too bad for him the guard was more crafty than the last one.

"Look... Gus... Goda...or Noah or whatever you're called. I will be fine on my own for a few hours. I won't tell your Alpha that you have been slacking." I tried to be patient with this guard but he was just as stone-faced as ever, just looking blankly at me as I spoke to him. Not only that but he also had the habit of following me around like a lost puppy, a very silent lost puppy. And he was getting on my last nerves. With as much dignity I could muster I walked - okay I stilled limped a little, a werewolf bite to hip does that to you - out of the building and into the fresh morning air. Taking in a lung full of clean air, I was feeling better already. I hate being cooped up in that Pack House like some sealed away princess.

"What do you mean you will not tell me about Akira slacking off?" Akira...So that was his name. I didn't need to turn around to know who was standing behind me. "I feel oppressed by having so many people watch my every move and it drives me mad Gabriel!" Hercules made the wrong move of turning in Gabriel's direction and became captivated by his heated gaze. Gabriel noticed the reaction from Hercules, his open blown pupils as his eyes landed on him, his. This told him that Hercules was slowly but surely being affected by the mating bond.

"Herc" Even Gabriel didn't recognised his own low husky voice as he purred his nickname. Stepping closer, Gabriel wrapped his arms around his dazed mate. Akira silently made his get away, he wasn't planning hanging around his Alpha and his mate when they are about to be all lovely dovely. That was a good thing too, if the pheromones his Alpha was producing was a sign, then he was sure as he'll they they would complete their mating with having hot sex for days to come. The las the saw of them was that Hercules was being carried away hurriedly by his Alpha to their rooms.

"Where'd Herc go? I was sure he was here a minute ago." Akira looked down to Nathaniel as he looked around, before Nathaniel realised that he was talking to Akira. He flinched back slightly, although Akira never treated him badly, he never made any indication to intervene when he was being abused.

"He was dragged back by the Alpha to their rooms." Nathaniel's shoulders slumped, for he knew what that meant. It meant that Herc wouldn't leave the Alpha's rooms for quite some time.

"And Herc was going to teach me how to us a sword too." Nathaniel pouted dejectedly before trudging back the way he came. In his dejected state of mind, it took him quite some times to realise that Akira was following him.

"Why are you following me?" Akira stilled as Nathaniel came to a stop near the usual training grounds were pack members trained. Making Akira think that Nathaniel was going to train with a sword on his own, and he was sure if he did he would get hurt. To his surprise he felt uncomfortable thinking about Nathaniel handling a sword without supervision. He reasoned it to Nathaniel having the Luna's protection, and he would rather not have Hercules' anger directed at him.

"To make sure you don't hurt yourself." Nathaniel scoffed at his words, the only way he said that was because Nathaniel had Hercules' protection. It had nothing to do with his fear for Nathaniel's safety, the only thing Akira, like most of the Pack feared was Hercules' wrath.