23. My Knight In Shining Louis Vuitton Heels

"Mother—"

"Mother—"

I don't know what I expected when I went through my bedroom door, but it wasn't being back in the same damn place I had tried to flee from with a massive headache and a smug Dodge standing in the doorway behind me before he effortlessly sauntered to my limp body on the floor—I took a double take.

Two bodies, one idle, the other looking perceptibly dead.

"Did you just—"

The moment Dodge turned the key clockwise upon my neck, everything came like a surplus of dopamine. My bedroom door had been replaced by the cabin door, meaning everything that I thought was real, was all just a mind game. A literal mind game with Dodge easily playing the fiddle in my head.

I had been delusional to even think for a second it was that easy to get away.

At least one thing was clear.

A deadly sentence of horror drew upon me when I reevaluated everything that had happened in only ten minutes. Dodge waited patiently, obviously enjoying my horrifying realization.

"Oh my God!" I stood up abruptly, hands ringing through my hair if to only gander a sense of grounding. Of course, the spinning in the room didn't help. Nor the sly grin Dodge proudly wore when he flicked the Head Key in his hands, amused by all of this. "You kissed me! You actually made me think I had enjoyed all of that!" I shattered a breath, slightly relieved it was all imaginary.

Dodge scoffed, brows challenging me as they did a little dance, "Who said you didn't?"

What?

Dodge could see my absolute aversion and confusion before he said, "Just because it was all in your head, doesn't mean what we did wasn't real."

I started laughing, finding all this rather comically insane, "Thats literally the definition of imaginary delusions! Why the hell would I ever want to—"

Dodge grinned coyly, "You seemed to enjoy yourself."

"Oh my God! You sick disgusting little—" Just as I was about to finish my rather constructive opinion on how sick and twisted Dodge really was, he had suddenly tensed, his eyes glancing down at his pockets.

A scowl immediately yanked at his  moments prior amusement given one glance at his phone. He pressed denial, however, further confirming my beliefs he wasn't working alone. Of course, I muddled through all the possibilities as to who could be working with him, but then I remembered who would be stupid enough to do that. And whoever this person was obviously was not someone Dodge cared to acknowledge.

"Who is that?" I suddenly demanded, my curiosity moreover ravaged.

Dodge bit his lips with a steely sigh, "No one."

"Oh so Casper decided to call you then?"

Dodge just rolled his eyes, not at all amused by my witty remark. "I'm thinking I prefer head Max then—"