Chapter Twenty- Four |

Start from the beginning

"I'm going to the bathroom," I squeak, but I know he doesn't believe me. I duck out of the room, and straight into Misha's waiting arms. "What are you doing here?" I hiss. "Don't you ever go to work,"

"I'm the boss, work is wherever I am," Misha states. "I wanted to see how things were going," he says, pulling me closer to him.

"He's on to us—I don't know why I thought I could keep this from him," I say, which makes Misha laugh.

"We don't have to—We can tell them, you just have to explain to them that you won't be living in the estate, for now," Misha says.

"For now," I state, he pulls me into a kiss, and before I can melt into him, I push away. "Not now,"

"I can't help myself with you," he whispers, kissing my jaw.

"Take a cold shower," I pull away from him, and he smirks.

"Why don't you join me?" he quips.

"I'll see you later," I roll my eyes, before pushing back into the room. Orson and Embry are still watching TV, but the way Orson bounces I know he wasn't sitting there the entire time. "Orson," I say, and he turns towards me.

"Yes?" he squeaks. I wave him over, standing next to the door.

"Now I'm going to tell you something because I believe you're mature enough to handle it—Will you prove me, right?" I question, and he nods eagerly.

"You're with my father, aren't you?" Orson beams. "That's what it is!?" he says excitedly, before wrapping his arms around my waist. "I knew it! I knew he'd choose you,"

I didn't know what to say. I wrap my arms around Orson squeezing him into me. "Things aren't going back to how they were, I'm going to stay at my apartment in the city, but I'll be here all the time I just think—I need space, from him, not you guys," I say, Orson pulls away with a sigh.

"I think I understand," he shrugs. "I don't know completely understand romantic relationships, from what it looks like they seem difficult," Orson sighs.

"It's easier as you go along," I tell him with a nudge. "Go finish your snacks, I'll be back," I say, pushing him back over to the TV.

I slip back out of the room, heading down the hallway, toward the main hallway. As I approach the staircase, I hear the front door open, and a lot of annoying murmuring.

"I just can't believe this—" I hear Juliette's voice ring through the hallways, stopping at the top of the staircase.

"Juliette—Honey," Chase says begrudgingly, but that doesn't stop her small rant. She stops in her tracks just as her husband closes the door, and she looks up at me.

"You," She seethes. "What are you doing here? How dare you come here! After all, you've done,"

"Juliette," Chase says, but I hold up my hand.

"Since I don't work for your son anymore, I don't have to choose my words wisely," I say, starting down the steps. "But considering you're the kids' grandmother, I'll be polite,"

"Oh, you hussy," Juliette growls.

"If I'm a hussy that makes you a pimp, pawning your son off like he's a cheap hooker on the street," I bite, and she gasps, holding her chest.

"How dare you say such things," she bites.

"You can dish it, but you can't take it? It must take a lot of energy to be as bitter are you are, but you seem to have a constant supply of energy to spew your hateful words," I growl. "And everyone around you takes it, out of loyalty, or maybe fear whatever it is I'm not having any of it, and you do not get to speak to me like that," I snap, silence filling the hallway.