Chapter Ten

Matilda spends the next week at the estate. She helps me get Orson and Embry ready in the morning and spends the afternoons with me next to the pool while I work on my assignments. I've blocked every number my family has tried to call us from, and the next step is to change both Matilda's and My number entirely. Matilda has been attending her classes online, informing the school of a personal matter that made her unable to visit campus. All the residents quickly adjusted to Matilda's presence. She shared my room since there was more than enough space, and practically did everything with me when she wasn't studying. She never got in the way, and it wasn't like she could, the house was so big if I wanted to, I could have hidden her without any of them knowing for a long time.

Of course, the only real person who has a problem with Matilda is of course Anastasia, according to Darby. She has been complaining about the extra set of dishes at night, and the extra mouth to feed as if it'd be any different if a new worker started. I've ignored Anastasia and her follower Kimberly since the encounter in the hallway. I've had nothing to say to them and they've ignored me entirely.

No one has spoken about my panic attack since it happened; which I'm grateful for. I haven't gotten one since I moved to the city, I had them for months when I first started school, but then they calmed down. Growing up I started getting them because I started realizing how our parents treated us wasn't normal—And that we weren't raised like everyone else. I started having nightmares about the punishments I'd receive if I didn't live up to my parent's expectations, and I guess hearing my father's voice sent me over the edge.

"Good morning Soncerae, any plans for today?" Misha questions, as I shuffle into the dining room with Embry on my hip, and Matilda on my tail.

"Good morning, nothing special," I say, sitting down. "I did promise the kiddies we could go to the park or something," I tell him.

"The beach, I'd like to go to the pier," Orson says while sitting down at the table.

"It is a nice day," Misha nods.

"Care to join us?" I question. "Unless you're busy," I say.

"Uh no, actually I don't have plans today," Misha tells me. "In fact, I was invited to a dinner tonight in the city with my friends, and I'd like you and the kids to come along, I feel like they need a proper introduction with my friends," Misha says.

"That sounds fun—Do you want to do that Orson?" I question, looking across the table at him, and he shrugs.

"I guess," Orson shrugs.

"You can tag along as well Matilda, I know you're probably getting cabin fever being stuck here all the time," Misha says.

"Oh no, there is plenty to do in this mega mansion," Matilda laughs. "But I love to attend, hanging out with rich people on my bucket list," Matilda says, earning a laugh from Misha.

"Well good, I should get ready for the boardwalk then?" Misha says pushing out of his seat and grabbing his coffee. Just as he leaves, Anastasia enters the room to deliver breakfast, disappointed that Misha was already gone. She gives Matilda a look before stomping out of the room.

"She's never really happy huh?" Matilda comments.

"Not unless she's inhaling Misha's scent," I roll my eyes.

"Someone is jealous," Matilda grins, nudging me.

"There is nothing to be jealous of," I say. "I just take care of his kids—I don't want that kind of relationship with him," I say.