chapter 12

As y/n settled in her office chair behind her desk she sighed and massaged her forehead. She'd already made up her mind, she couldn't be as close to jungkook as she wanted from now on. She could see from even now her slightest change in behavior was taking a big toll on him but it was for the better of both of them in the end.

Picking up her phone she called jisoo. "Hey bub". She answered. "Hey, can u do me a favor and find a house closest to us, I'm gonna find the locations of jungkooks family to talk to them about what's going on". "Sure, I'll get on it asap, once I'm done I'll send u the statements for payment if you're gonna buy it". "Yea, just the first one u find that's closest to my place, I'll buy it at once".

With that they hung up and y/n started doing her thing to try to get through to the location of jungkooks family. Ofcourse she got a slight hold back as X had put up walls preventing anyone from hacking their live location but being as skilled as she was, she got through in no time. "Alright, time to head out".

She jogged out to hers and jungkooks room. Taking a deep breath she opened the door and without a word headed to her closet to change.

Once she was done she sprayed some cologne and came out

Once she was done she sprayed some cologne and came out. She immediately felt eyes on her, looking at the bed she saw Jungkook looking at her like a lost puppy. Seeing her dressed up he sat up quickly. "Y-you're going somewhere again"? His heart dropped to his stomach, he wanted even so badly to stay in y/n's arms once she was done with work but now that thought was crushed.

"Yes, I have some stuff to take care of as soon as I can, we still have a couple more hours left to the day so I'm getting it done now". She could see his distress which she'd planned to ignore and leave but it felt like her feet were cemented into the floor when she heard him whimper and sniffle. "I was waiting for u all day, u came home and had work so I didn't say anything but now you're going again, I wanna be with u for a while, is that too much to ask"?

He finally snapped making y/n turn in her heals. She looked at him, her heart rate slowly picking up as bolts if sorrow and guilt shot through her. She wanted nothing more than to get in bed with him and cuddle the day away but she knew that couldn't happen. Walking to him who was evidently holding back tears she lifted him into her arms as his let heavy breaths on her neck.

"I'm sorry sweetheart but this has to be done now, you'll thank me later when u see the significance of my actions". Jungkook lifts his head from where it rested on her shoulder. They kept eye contact for few seconds . "W-what good can being ignored ever bring"? Little tears escaped his eyes but y/n remained physically unbothered by it.

"Trust me jungkook, I'm doing something good, please don't cry". Jungkook scoffed as he forced himself out of her hold, he was now speaking out of his senses. "You're a fucking mafia you don't know what it is to be good and do good". Hearing that y/n held her breath without even realizing. She waited for any sign of regret from him for his words but there was non to see.

Smiling bitterly she nodded. "Yea...you're right...but I'll still go according to my heart and do this". She didn't wait any longer and stormed out of the room and house going about her business. Jungkook remained a crying mess standing on the bed still not aware of the damage he'd done by saying such a thing to y/n.

"Why is it always fucking me that has to suffer"!?!? He yelled in the room, for his only answer to be a ringing silence.
Credits also goes too kookiealiengurl