8. The Wicked Woman

Start from the beginning

"It's Jianmin," she corrected, her eyebrows furrowing in mild confusion.

"Apologies, Jianmin. I have to leave unexpectedly. It was a pleasure talking to you," Yichen expressed with a warm smile.

Jianmin's heart sank. "Is everything alright? Can I help in any way?" she inquired.

"No, it's alright. I'll talk to you later," Yichen responded, his voice trailing off as he walked away.

And with that, Yichen left his friend's mansion, disappearing into the night and leaving Jianmin alone. She felt a tinge of sadness and rejection. Her thoughts wandered, contemplating who Meilin was and why her message was urgent. Nonetheless, she knew she would never forget the brief moment they shared and the emotions it stirred within her.

.

.

.

Yichen and Meilin had developed strong feelings for each other after spending a significant amount of time together. Their affection grew with each passing day. However, fate had different plans in store for them.

Jianmin, despite appearing polished on the outside, desired to have Yichen at any cost, even if it meant resorting to unethical actions. Driven by her infatuation with him, she researched Yichen and Meilin further. She discovered that they were both well-known streamers and members of an Esports team. As time went on, she realized she could never match Meilin's popularity.

Nevertheless, Jianmin refused to let discouragement overcome her. She vowed to do whatever it took to separate Yichen and Meilin, even if it meant resorting to dark and evil methods. She scoured the internet for ways to achieve her goal and stumbled upon the idea of using black magic. After hours of searching, she finally found the magician she sought.

.

.

.

Driven by desperation and determination, Jianmin treaded through the dark forest

Driven by desperation and determination, Jianmin treaded through the dark forest. Rumors of a powerful magician residing deep within the woods had reached her, fueling her resolve.

As she pressed forward, Jianmin stumbled upon a small clearing adorned with an old, weathered cabin. The dense roof above cast shadows over the surroundings, with faint moonlight filtering through the leaves—smoke billowed from the chimney, and the distant echo of chanting beckoned from within.

Jianmin approached the cabin, her steps crunching on the dried leaves and twigs littered the ground. She knocked on the door, and a voice from inside bid her entrance.

"Enter," spoke a masculine voice.

Jianmin turned the doorknob and stepped into a dimly illuminated room adorned with strange symbols and potions. The cabin exuded an air of darkness and mustiness, with a dwindling fire casting dancing shadows upon the walls. An elderly man, wrinkled and intelligent, sat at a table in a rocking chair, surrounded by ancient books and parchments. His eyes remained closed as he murmured an incantation under his breath.