Chapter Nine - Confession (Continued)

"Quick, photos, then we leave," begged Kiki as Emma snapped a few.

Horrified at how hurt Lena looked, they realised the chains were the same ones used on Mary. With no time to think, a few attempts later, the chains were cut, and her ankles and wrists were free. Sliding on a shirt, it took both to carry Lena as she slumped into their arms. Gently carrying her out, they could see me in the distance behind the wheat fields.

"Did you... rape Lena!" I ask angrily.

Standing a few meters away, he showed no anger, simply a creepy smile. That gave me all the answers I needed. They had rescued Lena from that hell hole. Signaling me to somehow outrun Andy.

"You will pay for this, and the cops will arrest you!" I scream.

Leaping forward, I use my smaller size to narrowly miss his grip, ducking away and sprinting toward the car. Not looking back, they rushed, unlocking the vehicle and carefully sitting Lena down.

"Hurry up, he's right behind you!" shouts Kiki as Emma starts the car, waiting for me to jump in.

Noticing he was only a few meters away, I shouted, short of breath, "Open the boot!"

Hearing this. Emma automatically opens it; only a few meters away, I climb in and hold the seat as she floors it. The car tires screech as Andy becomes smaller in the distance. Shutting the boot, I clamber over, seeing just how badly hurt Lena is.

"We need to go to the hospital. Lena won't make it otherwise!" I beg, holding her lifeless body.

"Okay! You focus on her. I'll call the police," replied Kiki, calling the number.

"That was too close. Andy almost got you, Barry," Emma said, concerned.

"You two needed time, so I led him away," I stated, still focusing on Lena.

Driving as fast as she could without losing control, Emma began to call the police.

"If this is an emergency, press one. If it is a non-emergency, press two," said the automated police message.

Paying attention breifly to Emma, it was clear what just happened was starting to sink in. Tapping her fingers against the steering wheel repeatedly wasn't usual behavior; it was clear this was already affecting her.

"The address is 1 Oak Road. Andy Solace is at the property and has murdered multiple girls!" cried Kiki, sitting in the passenger seat.

"Are you in danger?" asked a woman's voice.

"No, we are heading to the hospital now. Please be fast! He was there when we left," she explained, as we weren't far from the local hospital.

"We are sending units now, and we will have one waiting for when you arrive," the operator expressed.

By the time our call with the operator ended, we had arrived at the hospital. Pulling into a car park, we raced Lena into the emergency ward.

"My name is Emma our friend Lena is unconscious and is hurt all over!" she pleaded.
Looking to our side, a nurse rushed out with a hospital bed. Positioning her body, I tightly gripped her hand, never wanting to let go.

"Wait here. We will update you after," voiced the nurse as the doors closed in front of us.

Turning around, we saw the officer walk in, speaking with the receptionist.

"We can't hide this anymore, guys. We need to tell them everything," exclaimed Kiki as we slowly walked toward the older officer.

"Are you Emma?" he asks us politely.

"Yes, these are my friends Barry and Kiki," Emma replied nervously.

"Okay, can you come outside and talk, or would you like to wait for your parents?"

Glancing at each other, we had no choice.

Using my phone, Emma began to call mum as we waited outside the entrance to the ward.

"All of us are at the hospital now. The police asked for both of you. Can you also call Morgan? I imagine they would also want to be here," she explained.

"We are on our way; just sit tight and be safe," replied Sandy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter's end and the beginning of the following need fixing, so please be patient.

What do you think about the secret now getting exposed? Leave a comment with your thoughts!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------