Chapter Nine - Confession

Pulling out her phone, Emma called the police, hoping they would respond. From our last interaction, it seemed like they wouldn't, something we couldn't afford.

"Please help someone died at 54 Veer Lane," she spoke as we both listened in silence.

"Alright, we are dispatching two units there now," replied the operator as Emma ended the call.

Soon enough, we saw the red and blue sirens speeding past us, lighting up the dark landscape. Trying to save Lena now would only lead to the possibility of being set up or ambushed. We reluctantly decided to leave first thing in the morning and save her. One thing I knew for sure was that Lena wouldn't give up. She's a fighter, something I knew from the moment we met. She inspired me always to try and never give up, even if the odds were against me. Breathing a sigh of relief, soon enough, we arrived home. Before leaving, I wanted to see if mum and dad were home. Quietly opening the front door, we took a few steps inside, wondering why all the lights were turned off. Seconds later, we found out why as the lights turned back on. Before being able to hug us, the crowbars and baseball bats were still in hand.

"Why are you two holding a gun and a crowbar?" Sandy asks, slightly concerned.

"And what are these horrifying photos?" Tim asks straight after.

Looking at one another, we had never planned to tell them about Mary or Andy. The last thing I wanted was for my parents also to be hurt. However, we couldn't hide it and had to confess everything that was happening.

"Emma, I didn't expect to see you here," exclaimed Sandy, as she hadn't visited very often.

"Fine, we will explain it all, Mary. We are going to tell them about you," I said as we sat down.

Feeling her icy presence, mum and dad thought it was the Air conditioning.

"Do you guys remember when a young girl named Mary was kidnapped eight years ago? And they never found any leads, with the case going nowhere?" I ask as we wait for their reaction.

Looking at each other, Tim responded, confused, "Yeah, what makes you bring up her son?"

"Lena, Kiki, and I found Mary in an abandoned house thirty mintues from our house. She's here right now. That's why you can feel the cold chill," I explained, not knowing what they would think.

"That is... something; where is Lena? I thought she was staying here tonight," asked Sandy.

I get up and walk to my room, unable to answer what mum asked. I didn't want to explain it; saying what happened hurt me too much.

Leaning closer, Kiki hesitated but knew there was no going back.

"They had the dinner, as you know... but Andy killed Petunia, and he's taken Lena to where we found Mary," she spoke as a horrified expression appeared on both their faces.

"We called the police when we left and will get Lena back first thing tomorrow," Emma exclaimed as the room became silent.

Returning to the group, I sat beside Kiki as she hugged me.

"Hey Mary, your parents are Morgan and Hank Green, correct?" I ask.

Waiting a few seconds, we hear her knocks faintly against the wall.

"I know it is a lot to take in Mum and Dad, but Mary is very kind, and it was Andy all along. He killed the other girls, killed Mary, and now has Lena..." I continue to say, in a shaky voice.

"We have all been hurt by this. But Barry especially, it's taking a toll on him, even if it may not seem like it is," explained Kiki as I looked down at the ground while she spoke.