Chapter Two - Paranormal Activity (Continued)

"Yes, we can finally bring closure to her parents after all these years," Betty replied. "Let's sleep, and we can drive to their house and break the news."

"Mary, we are going to sleep now. Stay with us till the morning, and we can go see them", I said, speaking towards the wall where the outline was shown.

"Bear, I think someone is watching us from outside the window, a hooded figure," She asserted, our instincts kicking in as we grabbed the bats we had for self-protection.

Taking a quick glimpse, as she said, it was there as we ducked back down. Turning off the light, we used our night vision goggles and saw the figure slowly moving back into the pitch-black fields. Somehow still looking up at our direct window, never looking away.

"Who the fuck was that?" I whispered, thinking about what move to make next.

"I don't know. But if we sleep, that hooded figure could come up here and hurt us", Betty replied apprehensively.

"It looked human, about our height, and seemed to have been crouching," I said, hiding beneath the window.

"Yeah, that's so creepy. Let's barricade the door and leave straight away", She ordered as both of us used panels and other items to build a temporary barrier in case someone tried to come upstairs.

"Knock, Knock." Mary finally replied as we fell asleep, holding each other for warmth and comfort.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you happy Barry and Lena managed to find Mary? What are you looking forward to the most in the next chapters, comment below!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------