Test'n'Duel

"Get ready Class D, it's the end of the month, we're going to have a mock test and you're going to duel another class' student."

"Mock test!? Duel?! How come Sae-chan-senseiiiii!" exclaimed Ike.

"Don't worry, the test is for future reference, naturally it won't reflect on your report card. But I advise that you take this seriously."

She takes a stack of papers, which probably are the tests themselves.

"Pass along to the back and I suggest not cheating." remarked Chabashira-sensei.

"After the test we will gather at the Grand Colosseum where we'll decide the duels via a randomizer. After your opponent has been decided, you shall duel right then and there, rest of the explanation you'll get on the sight. You have 2 hours for this test and it starts...

now." she says as the clock hits exactly 10 AM.

This test has tasks across many fields. 6 to be precise. Math, Japanese, English, Physics, Biology and Pokémonology.

I didn't really know what else to call everything related to Pokémon as a subject, I hope it doesn't sound or look too terrible to read.

The test had 24 questions so that meant there were 4 questions for each subject. What I noticed straight after going through the test was that the Pokémon related questions were not simple. One of them was to name every single Pokémon nature that you can get and what that nature symbolizes. For example Adamant for example is +Attack and -Sp. Attack.

2 hours seems a bit too little time for the amount of content this test has. Does the school expect everyone to know every answer? If so then this isn't called the Advanced Nurturing High School for show.

I decided to score 10 points across each subject in the test, except Pokémon. The other subjects' questions are definitely answerable and I could manage with the limited time we have, but the question is why should I?

There's little to no benefits to scoring perfectly on this test. I'm not trying to assert myself in this class in any way.

In total I'll score 70, which should be in the above average category. Keyword should.

After writing my answers in around 30 minutes, I decided to monitor other people and act as if I was rewriting or doubting my own answers, as an average high school student should. At one point during my monitoring I saw Chabashira-sensei look at me as well a little more closely than others.

Finally, time is up.

"Alright pens on your desk and give back your test, if you haven't already."

"Wow Haruki, this test got really hard all of a sudden at the Pokémonology part, did you finish the test?"

"Kanji, you already know that I could complete the test in 30 minutes, I just decided to not exert any effort!" he said while flexing his bicep for no reason.

"What about you Ken?" asked Ike.

"I barely got anything besides the Pokémon related questions, this was really hard."

This will be explained in A/N.

"Alright." Chabashira-sensei claps her hand to garner the attention of the class.

"Let's start moving towards the Grand Colosseum. Until we walk there, you're free to talk and use your phones, let's get going."

I was waiting for everyone to start moving ahead, but Horikita was waiting with me for whatever reason.

I just started to walk ahead of Horikita.

"Ayanokouji-kun." The Ice Queen broke the silence.

"What could you want Horikita that you had to wait for everyone else to leave ahead? Is this a confession? I'm sorry, but you're not my type." I said and attempted to turn back to avoid her glare which could challenge Medusa. Unlike Medusa, Horikita turns people into ice.