Chapter 15 But you already knew that...

Hello~

I was sick for five weeks straight~

It was horrible~

Then I got some kind of flu a few weeks later~

Which was even worse~

And to top it off, I forgot where I wanted this to go, thus earned myself some writers-block~

Either way, thank you for your patience~

And this is not proof-read~

_______________________________________

To say that (Y/n) had looked forward to the christmas break- Yeah, that was a lie.

She knew what was waiting for her back 'home', or rather who, and she also knew that this who wanted progress.

Which there were no point in denying that her or Draco hadn't made.

Sure, after what (Y/n) had come to know, her brother had made one poor attempt at the headmasters life already as it had actually been him all along that had given Katie Bell the necklace, but that attempt had been so bad that (Y/n) almost didn't even consider it an assassination attempt at all.

And neither did the dark lord.

Which also meant that she was in just as big trouble as her brother.

"The dark lord, he's not pleased with you, (Y/n)" Those had been the first words her aunt, Bellatrix, had spoken to her. No 'welcome back' or 'It's good to see you again' however (Y/n) never once expected those words to leave her aunts lips to begin with.

Yet, it would've still been nice to at least get a greeting, a simple 'hello' even.

"I understand." (Y/n) managed to mutter lowly, actually hoping that her aunt hadn't heard her at all as the punishment for staying silent was way better than the one for talking back.

But of course, how often did luck seem to stay with her?

"I understand-" The aunt started in a mocking baby-voice before she continued. "If you actually did there would be no problem in the first place, you silly girl!"

"Of course, aunt Bella, I will do better." (Y/n) muttered as she didn't dare speak louder, even though this is what usually got her into trouble in the first place.

"What? Speak up, girl! Have Cissy told you nothing about manners?" The older woman mocked again, her mockery followed by laughter, and then some ruffling of the girls hair, which turned slightly more ruff before the dark-haired woman walked off, not even caring about the answer anymore.

And (Y/n) couldn't be more happy about that.

This was a normal occurance inside her home, at least now it is, and the girl was on constant edge because of it. Her anxiety at its peak, blood-pressure most possibly higher than it should be.

But what could she do?

Nothing. That's what.

Maybe hope. Hope that she wouldn't be killed before the year had passed, and maybe hope that she would find a way out of this.

Something that was highly unlikely.

And honestly, when had 'hope' ever helped anyone?

Even though the dark lord had been displeased with her, she was never called to meet him, a bonus much appreciated by the girl, however there were some differences to how she was treated.

It was no surprise that christmas could be considered 'cancelled', with her father still in Azkaban, and with the unwanted guests that came and went within her home, there was just no want for the holiday.