Chapter 5 Don't tell me what to do.

Yeah ok, I don't really remember every detail about this part, but this is a fanfiction anyway, so WHO CARES.

I do, but shhhh... we don't talk about that.

Anyway, I'm just collecting memories from the deepest, darkest parts in the back of my brain, so things will be more different than they actually are, which honestly is kind of the whole point with this book to begin with, and now I'm rambling so I'm just gonna stop this here.

+ Sorry this is late! My brain is currently in a darker place, which is kind of ruining my creativity... it'll pass soon!

So this chapter is kind of bad, or I think it is and I'm sorry about that, but I'll come back and edit this when I'm done with the book!

___________________________

Harry is making his way down to the black lake, absolutely not feeling ready for the second task, but either way he has no choice. Ron walks beside him, them both having fallen asleep in the library while waiting for Hermione and (y/n) to return, which they never did.

Barley an hour had passed since they woke up, Dobby having been the one to wake them, then followed by showing some wierd slimy seaweed-like thing in Harry's hands, telling him that he had to eat it just before he goes under the water. It all seemed kind of sketchy, but Harry also trusted Dobby, thus being the main reason why he went with it at all.

Harry just barley made it, him being the last one to arrive out of the four champions. Quickly, Harry changed before he went to stand between Cedric and Krum, waiting for the task to start, but he was still worried.

When he realised neither of the girls returned the night before, he got a wierd feeling. It wasn't usual, at least for Hermione, to just dissapear like that. Normaly she would at least have woken him and Ron up, right? As Harry stood between the two taller boys, he tried to get a look around, but he couldn't see any of the two girls.

The sudden sound of a cannon made him snap out of it, and he realised that the second task had started for real, the three others already walking into the water, Harry quickly following after, the wierd seaweed thing still in his hand. As he reached the deeper parts, the others already having descended into the water, Harry brought the seaweed to his mouth and desperately tried to chew it. It wasn't the taste that was the worst, though it didn't do anything to help, but the slimy texture. Either way he managed to get it down, but as he did he felt like he was burning.

Harry couldn't breath, and for a few seconds he actually thought that he was going to die. Had Dobby made a mistake? But as he fell underwater it all changed. Harry gripped his neck, feeling something wierd forming on it as he realised he was able to breath. His hands and feet transforming, and soon he resembled something like a fish-human.

If Harry wasn't so wierded out, he might have found it to be cool, but he had no time to think about it. He had a task to complete and some kind of treasure to find.

~~~~~

Harry had been swimming for what he believed to be forever, but it couldn't have been over an hour, right? He really wished he had a watch right now, but his thoughts were interupted as he heard the familiar song. The song the egg had been singing when he put it under water.

Come seek us where our voices sound, we cannot sing above the ground

Harry quickly swims to the sound, that being his only clue at the moment, and it was lucky he did follow it as he soon saw what looks like four people being chained down to the bottom of the lake.

Harry swims closer, he also noticed what he believed to be the merpeople watched him closely. Carefully, he approached the body on the far left, Harry noticing something familiar with it. The black and white-blonde hair that stood up around the person- wait. Harry knew that combinatin of hair. He touched the persons face, immediatley recognising it as (y/n). Then he looked to her left and saw Hermione, followed by Cho Chang and another little blonde girl he didn't know. Harry was confused. Was he supposed to save (y/n) or Hermione? He looked around, trying to see if any of the other Champions had made it, but there were no signs of them. What was he supposed to do? He couldn't just save one and then leave the rest! What if something had happened to the others?