Chapter 77

As dawn approached, Luana blinked as she started to feel sleepy. Legion gently stroked her back, eventually closing her eyes and falling asleep. It was ridiculous to fall asleep in this situation, but she was also cute at the same time because she was Luana.

'She is Luana, after all.'

It made sense if Luana could fall asleep in this situation.

'Now, what?'

Legion pondered and was sad because she had fallen asleep. He poked her cheek, but she only pouted and didn't wake up. He could've waked her up provocatively, but he did not want to.

Legion got up from his seat and picked up Luana, who had fallen asleep on the floor. Her body felt lighter because of the hardships she went through these several days.

'I will never miss that moment in the future.'

He stepped out of the kitchen and said those words like an oath. As the sun rose, he could see people wandering, but that was not his concern. Instead, he wanted more people to know about his relationship with Luana.

Legion, who walked regardless of people's eyes, entered a temporary residence and put Luana down on the bed. Luana snored a little and didn't wake up. He felt happy seeing Luana sleeping soundly.

Seeing that she was surprised even though he only touched her lips, it was a good thing he put her to sleep without touching her further. He smiled as he thought about Luana, whom he had protected.

'Yes, no need to rush.'

Even only with kisses, his hunger was satisfied. It might worsen his symptoms, but he didn't want to touch Luana recklessly. Legion thought it was best to try to approach her as slowly as possible and express his feelings.

Legion covered Luana with a quilt and left the room. He spoke to the knight who was waiting outside of the door.

"Let's go."

Unfortunately, it was time for him to part with Luana for a while. He wanted to take her with him, but he couldn't bear it if she were in danger again, so he had no choice but to leave her in the safest place.

Legion hurried down the road and headed to the place where the kingdom's death squad was fleeing, and he met an unexpected person at that place he arrived after half a day.

He was someone he didn't really want to meet.

***

She heard a harsh breath in his ear. She shook her head at the ringing sound and looked around; a loud cry came from afar.

"I am a member of the kingdom's death squad! Bring it on!"

It was the voice of the death squad's members who had gathered a while ago. On the day the empire invaded the kingdom, some remained in hiding because they needed someone to drag time and erase the traces of their escape. Ingrid wanted to shout "no" at any moment, but she couldn't.

Because she knew why they were sacrificed.

"You must go."

Cain said so and held out his hand to Ingrid.

"Do not let their sacrifice be in vain."

She bit her lips at what he said and stepped forward. After that, the escape and pursuit began.

"It looks like there is a great talent on the other side."

The ranger in charge of erasing the traces said in a perplexed voice. No matter how much they ran away, the empire followed to the end. Because of that, some vomited their anger and offered to leave; in the end, the number of people gradually decreased.