Chapter 15 Ease Your Mind

It's been a few weeks since the incident with Gideon's father and Steven. After sitting and talking with the twins, Stan told them everything Greg had told him. How Steven was half alien, his mother was an alien, and save the world from his aunts and grandma and how he's almost died multiple times, and so on.

Dipper felt ashamed of himself as he recalled what he said about Steven being dangerous and wanting him to leave. The shop has been closed until further notice with Wendy and Soos at their homes not understanding what happened but understanding it was a personal family matter so they didn't complain. Gideon visited his mother from time to time and apologized for the things he's done to her but it was too late. She was mentally gone, he hasn't seen his father since the incident and didn't feel like it was a good idea to do so.

Rouge hasn't left Steven's side since the incident while Jasper occasionally wandered around the shack and woods to get familiar with her new surroundings. She soon bumped into Mabel while walking behind the shack one day and instantly became infatuated with her. They soon began to hang out all the time while Dipper kept his space around her.

Steven awoke three days after the incident but didn't get up from his bed. He couldn't. He felt too many emotions swimming around inside his body. He believed that if he stayed somewhere else he would be safe. That was a mistake. Why did everything bad happen to him?

"Steven, do you blame yourself?" The male frowned and slowly turned his head and gave Rouge a side-eye.

"What?"

"It common for a person to feel like this when being in an incident like that." Steven silently looked at him for a few minutes before turning back on his bed.

"...I don't know." Rouge frowned as he continued to look at him.

"You shouldn't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault."

"...I know." Rouge felt Steven's insecurity which made him feel angry.

"Steven, it's not your fault."

"I know, you already said that."

"Steven, it's not your fault." The male sat up and turned towards Rouge with tears threatening to fall.

"Rouge, hic I know."

"It's not your fault." Steven faced his head downwards as his eyes shut tightly. His hands gripped the covers tightly.

"I-hic-I k-know Rouge I-hic-know!" Rouge looked towards him sadly and watched as Steven broke down into sobs. He slowly got off the chair and sat next to him and engulfed him in a hug. Steven continued to cry and allowed the tears from everything that's happened to him flow out freely. After ten minutes the boy sighed and pulled away before touching his now dried-out face.

"Would you like to grab some breakfast?" Steven looked towards Rouge and gave him a small smile before nodding. Rouge took Steven's hand and slowly guided him off the bed and towards the bedroom door. He unlocked it and both made their way out and towards the kitchen where Dipper and Stan sat quietly while Gideon ate his food. The three looked up and gasped.

"Steven, you alright?" Stan asked as he slowly took up and quickly made his way over to embrace the boy.

"Y-Yea uncle...I'm fine. You're not scared of me?" The older male pulled away and guided the two toward the table before sitting down in his own seat.

"No Steven, your dad kinda gave me a run down about you before you came, so I already knew." Steven nodded and looked down at the table sadly.

"Are you scared of me-" Steven asked before raising his head back up to look at the younger boy. "Dipper?"