Chapter 11 - The Conference

Start from the beginning

N- no way... this aura! This is the aura of a high-level Majin like Gelmud-sama!

The pressure forces me onto the ground in a sprawled position. Humiliating, for sure, but that's the least of my worries right now. I am struggling to even remain conscious. Dammit! I shouldn't have underestimated him like that!

Emotions begin to swell up within me as I lament my foolishness, having challenged a being far beyond my capabilities. But before I can come to terms with my inevitable death, the human- no, the unknown Majin stops releasing their aura.

"Very well! I declare myself the winner of this duel, and as agreed upon, you are all now my subordinates! Kua-ha-ha-ha!"

________________________________________________________________________________

2 hours later...

Veldora POV:

"Very well! I declare myself the winner of this duel, and as agreed upon, you are all now my subordinates! Kua-ha-ha-ha!"

I had just beat Gabiru the lizardman in a duel, and by our agreed terms, he is now my subordinate! Kua-ha-ha-ha! The Jura Tempest Empire expands it's territory once again!

"Fine..." Gabiru groans. "A-as agreed upon, I am now your s-subordinate..." Gabiru trembles as he speaks. He seems reluctant to be subordinated, but this situation leaves him no other choice than to agree or be killed. Of course, the great and merciful Veldora Tempest would not do such a thing! Rimuru beat- err, I mean, taught me that lesson many times. Kua-ha-ha... ha...

However, before I can properly enjoy my victory, I am yet again interrupted! How dare you so haughtily perturb the great Storm Dragon while he is internally monologuing!

"Rimuru-dono. Now that the lizardmen are here, I think it would be good to conduct a meeting to discuss the peril that faces us, no?" The blue-haired ogre speaks up, ignoring both mine and Gabiru's glares.

"You! You're that ogre that defiled the lizardmen's territory!" Gabiru accuses the ogre in anger. "Uhp- I mean- good to see you again... I guess... What brings you here?" Gabiru catches himself, realizing that he is still in the presence of his new master.

"Indeed, I am here on my duty to scout for new settlements to recruit for the upcoming battle, as agreed upon in the terms. It's good to see that the lizardmen are holding their end of the deal, although... the personnel they send to perform this task seem to be rather crude." The ogre nonchalantly insults Gabiru, who can only seethe in anger, unable to think of a response.

"Hmm..." I, ignoring the squabbling before me, am deep in thought.

Eventually, I reach a satisfactory conclusion. "Naruhodo! Then it's decided! Tonight's knight spider will be served with garlic and vinegar sauce!" I address my goblin subordinates, who immediately write down my orders on a notepad.

Gabiru, the lizardmen, and the ogre all look at me in utter disbelief.

"What? While you guys were talking about trivial topics like the Orc Lord, I still have more important matters to attend to. Like tonight's banquet!" After all, food comes first! Kua-ha-ha-ha!

Ignoring the absolute look of confusion on his face, I address Gabiru. "You! From today onwards, you and your fellow lizardmen are my subordinates, and citizens of the Jura-Tempest Empire!" Gabiru bites his lip(if that is even possible for a lizardman) and nods. "As such, I shall grant you all the honor of being named by me, Emporor Rimuru!" A riveting speech, I must say.

"W-wait a second- All of us!?" Gabiru sputters, while pointing at the small army of lizardmen that still hasn't moved since the beginning of our interaction. "S-surely, even for someone of your caliber, such a feat is impossible!"