Chapter 3 - Battle of the Goblin Village

(A/N): Hello, welcome back to Veldora's shitty adventures! I think from now on I'm, gonna try to have a fixed upload schedule for this fic, but my family situation is far from stable right now so I might miss some. I'm thinking an upload every Wednesday and Sunday in the future, but that might be changed.

Anyways, that out of the way, enjoy the story!

Writing format(temporary, subject to change):

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

KUA-HA-HA-HA!

Rimuru! This time I will do even better than you!

Indeed, for no Goblin in this village has perished yet, while in the previous timeline, half of the village died! This means that I am doing better than Rimuru! Kua-ha-ha-ha!

Although... I guess it is unfair for Rimuru... after all, he is competing against one of the greatest beings in the world, Veldora Tempest!

*cough*

Now, back to the present. This situation seems to be very unfavorable to the goblins, they are truly fortunate to have my protection. As was done in the previous timeline, I ordered the Goblins to construct a defensive barricade using the 'houses'. According to Rimuru, this was done to funnel all of the Direwolf forces into the place where he was to reduce Goblin casualties. A splendid plan, I must say. However, such a battle has no honor! No excitement! No entertainment value! The battle will only be truly entertaining if both sides engage in rigorous combat, with one side only coming out on top after a many hour long battle using sheer willpower! That is the wisdom bestowed upon me by the holy texts! That is the true meaning of an exciting battle!

But, sadly, reality hits harder than Truck-kun in those isekai's, so my idea was quickly shot down by the more logical functions in my brain. In the end, I just constructed the fence. How pitifully unoriginal of me.

My imagination is disrupted by a piercing howl, followed by many others. I look at the many imposing silhouettes lining the crest of the hill, then at my subordinates, who are visibly shaking in fear. Kua-ha-ha-ha! You needn't fear any longer, for you are under my protection!

"Tonight, we lay waste to the Goblin village, and take our first steps to conquering the forest of Jura!" A direwolf, presumably the alpha of the pack, yelled to his clansmen. "They have no longer the protection that accursed dragon! Let the slaughter begin!" Oi! Watch your words little guy!

"AHEM! Direwolves, I advise you to turn back now, as these goblins are under my protection. Any one of you who steps past this line will perish!" I said, pointing at the line I had conveniently drawn earlier so that I could deliver those badass words.

"Fool! A mere slime dares to slander the direwolf clan!? Fine, I'll take you on, one on one! I'll make a fine example of you, little guy."

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Very well, I applaud your courage, direwolve leader! Let's do this!"

"Insolent creature!" The direwolf alpha growls, and leaps towards me at incredible speeds. However, he's incredibly slow in my perspective! As expected of myself!