Chapter 7 - Our Histories

(A/N): 1 thousand reads! Thank you all for following this story, I hope you're enjoying it!

Writing format:

[[Ciel/Raphael/Great Sage]]

{Skills or Abilities}

{{VOTW}}

#Whisper/Mumble#

"Dialogue"

"Telepathic Dialogue"

Internal Monlogue/Emphasis

Loud

________________________________________________________________________________

Veldora POV:

"Kua-ha-ha-ha!" My joyous laughter drowns out the satisfied noises of my guests, as they voraciously devour my delicious barbecue! Mhm, to be expected from me, of course! My cooking skills are only second to Shuna!

Sometime after the Tenma War, I decided to expand my small teppanyaki stand into a full-scale fast food chain, like the ones in Rimuru's old world. With my delicious recipes, my company eventually became the largest food corporation in Tempest! Even sister Velzard was proud! Although... her phrasing wasn't exactly kind...

'Ara? My useless little brother finally did something useful? Well, I suppose that deserves some praise, but don't think I'll forgive the next time you mess up just because of this, you little brat.'

She's scary...

...

"Amazing, Rimuru-chan!" Please Elen, dont call me that. "This grilled meat is so tasty!"

"Indeed, I don't think I've ever encountered a taste as vibrant as this..." Gido the Sensible remarks.

"Kua-ha-ha-ha! Glad to see you're enjoying it!"

Meanwhile, Shizue looks like she's remembered something long gone. Well, she is an otherworlder. I dont think she ever expected to taste authentic Japanese yakitori here. I flash her a knowing grin, well, at least the equivalent of grin in slime form...

"So, slime-chan" Stop calling me that, I'm cringing whenever I hear it. "Did you really build this town in a few weeks, huh? It looks more advanced than some human settlements in Ingrassia already."

"Kua-ha-ha! Indeed, because I am a natural born leader, all loving, and all loved!" This bragging elicits the usual response, which is the applause of my beloved subordinates, contrasted by the deadpan looks on the adventurer's faces.

"*ahem* Ignoring that arrogant bragging, it's truly impressive, what you've built here." Kaval the Stupid speaks up. "I'm kinda excited to see what your little town can do in the future."

"Yes! And think of all the new foods!" Elen the One-Who-Lacks-Respect pipes up. Unsurprisingly, the other two immediately nod in agreement. Their gluttony is truly only rivaled by the King of Gluttony himself.

The rest of the meal is accompanied by laughter and lighthearted banter. Even my subordinates and Shizue joined in at some point. Needless to say, it was a good time.

After the banquet, my subordinates led the three idiots +1  to their tents.

"I deeply apologize that we are unable to provide better accommodation than this." Rigurd bows deeply to my guests, but they replied that they aren't bothered by it.

After that, I continue doing my work(trying to find ways to replicate manga), until I remembered that I should be having a deep and emotional chat with Shizue right about now. I hurry up to the hill which overlooks the city, where I find Shizue gazing at the sunset. I wipe off my figurative sweat before approaching her, happy that I actually arrived on time.