##7

ONESHOT | 07

ONESHOT | 07

"MEET your future husband, jeon jungkook" your father said as he introduces you to the twelve year old boy. the two of you were just staring at each other. "i hope you take good care of my son, (y/n)" his mother said with a smile. "she will, right (y/n)?" your father looks at you and you nodded. you had no choice but to agree to this marriage. your father left your mother before you were born. a year ago, your mother died from breast cancer. you had no one since they live in a different country. that was until your so call father appeared. he came to you and said if you wanted a good life, you must come back with him. and you did. you learned your father left your mother because he had his own family. he has a daughter around the same age as you, ina. your father adores ina. she gets whatever she wants and you get the hand-downs. in his eyes, she is the perfect child. which is why you are here. the jeons had ask for ina's hand in marriage for their son but your father believes that ina deserves better and told them about you. you replaced ina as their son's bride. plus he knows that the jeon's company is suffering so he does not want his daughter to suffer which is why he looking for a wealthy and stable family for ina to marry.

"why don't you take her outside to the garden, kook while the adults talk?" his father suggest and he nods. you follow behind the boy to the garden. it was awkward between the two of you since this was the first time meeting. "why am i marrying you when i was supposed to be ina's husband" he asked, crossing his arms. "she deserves someone as perfect as her" you said, making him mad. "am i not perfect!?!" he ask, raising his voice. "to her or my father, no. you are not" you answered. the boy clenches his hands. "to my sister, no one is perfect for her so you are not the only one" you said. his eyes landed back at you. "what about you? do you think im perfect?" he asked. "i think no one is perfect for anyone. im not sure why ina didn't want to marry you because you seem like a good person and you're cute" you said, making his cheeks turn pink. "t-thank you" he said as he looks away. "so you wanted to marry ina? i thought your parents arranged for marriage" you asked. "my mother did. i was just told i was going to marry her. to be honest, im glad im not marrying her. she seems annoying" he said and you chuckle. he turns his head and sees you smiling which caused him to smile.

jungkook grabs your hand which made you a bit shock. "follow me" he smiles and drags you to his treehouse. he first climbs the ladder and offers your hand. you smiled and take it. once you were inside, you were quite surprised to how comfortable it looks. jungkook jumps into the mattress and pats beside him. "come and lay down. don't worry, it won't break. my mom has been up here multiple times" he said. you nodded and lay down beside him. "so (y/n)... now it has been decided that we are going to be husband and wife, i wanted to ask you about our future. do you want kids?" he asked which made your cheeks warm up. "shouldn't we talk about this when we are married? isn't it a bit early?" you asked. "you have a point. is there anything i should know about you?" jungkook asked. "you and ina look nothing alike. are you ina's half sister?" he asked and you nodded. "does she bully you?" jungkook asked but you remain quiet. the boy grabs your hand and intertwines it with his. "i promise as your future husband, i will protect you from her" he kisses your hand. the rest of the time, the two of you talked and eventually fell asleep together.