Chapter 3: Secret

Ever since Kazuha decided to talk, his vision began to glow brighter, he knows that, to restore the vision to its brightest glow, he needs to be able to freely spread his wings.

It has been four months since he arrived at Liyue, maybe he should tell them. "Remember, only tell people your phoenix side if you trust them with your life." Fuka had told him in one of her first lessons. He trusts the Crux, but can he trust them with his life. They already saved him once, Kazuha can trust them to protect him again if the needs are met.

Kazuha decided, he trusts them, he will tell them.

When the crew heard that Kazuha wants to make an announcement, they immediately dropped their work and walked over to the front where Kazuha and Beidou is standing.

"So, what do you want to tell us kid?" Beidou asked Kazuha.

"Everyone is here..." Kazuha took a deep breath to prepare himself.

"This is a secret no one should tell, please keep it a secret for me." Kazuha started.

"Of course!" "We promise!" "Trust us!" "We can keep a secret."

"Ok..." Kazuha then let his wings out.

Multiple gasps can be heard.

"I am... a phoenix hybrid. I have both human and phoenix blood running through me, please keep it a secret, I trust you with my life."

The crew recovered, including Beidou, and called out again.

"You can trust us!" "We will not talk about it ever without your permission!"

"You can trust the crew the your life, I am glad you can tell us such a secret. We won't disappoint." Beidou told him on the side.

"Thank you, everyone." Kazuha thanked.

Since Kazuha has his wings out, his senses also increased, that is only when he can sense a faint trace of someone above him, watching the secret.

He shot up into the air, surprising everyone in the process. He didn't even need to look, he flew up to the tallest point of Guyun Stone Forest, immediately grabbed the person observing and dragged them down to the Crux.

"Wait! Wait!" The person yelled as Kazuha dragged them down, the voice seems like a girl's.

"You can explain once you are on ground." Kazuha slowly flew down.

"Ganyu!?" Beidou exclaimed once she got a good look at the person.

"I'll explain captain Beidou!" Ganyu looked away embarrassed.

"May I ask about who this is?" Kazuha asked when they both landed.

"She is Ganyu, secretary of the Liyue Qixing." Beidou introduced. Kazuha has heard of the Liyue Qixings, they are the highest order of Liyue and Ningguang, the richest person in Teyvat, is one of them.

"Ganyu, since you are watching Kazuha's secret, mind sharing yours with him as well?" Beidou continued.

"I- I'm not sure..." Ganyu stuttered. Whatever this secret is, it must be just like Kazuha's, one that can only be told to people that you trust your life with.

"Come on Ganyu, he is trustworthy." Beidou argued.

"F-fine..." Ganyu looked down, took a deep breathe, before looking back up to sort of look at Kazuha.

"I-I am also... a hybrid." Ganyu said as she removed the veil that hid her hybrid side.

Ganyu continued, "I am a half Qilin."

"So yours is the type that can't hide their hybrid side, that is why you resorted to wearing a veil." Kazuha thought out loud.

"Mhmm." Ganyu replied.

"Great, I am glad me and my sister isn't the only ones that's a hybrid." Kazuha said before realizing what he just said.

"Sister?" Both Ganyu and Beidou questioned.

Kazuha sighed, "I will tell you, privately."

Beidou turned back to the crew that is standing there trying to listen to their silent conversation.

"Everyone, go back to work!" Beidou commanded. As she commanded, everyone went back to what they were doing before.

"Let's go to my room." Beidou invited, walking down the deck to where her room is.

They all sat down on the chairs in Beidou's room.

"Can you explain now?" Beidou asked.

Kazuha nodded after confirming that no one was listening in.

"It all started on a cold, misty night in a forest outside my home..." Kazuha started off.

"I was just being as carefree as ever, thought I was a normal human 13 years ago, until the winds guided me to someone, someone with a pair of majestic white and red wings, snow white hair with a single red streak, white fading into red, a pair of ruby eyes just like me. She was shivering so I helped her, didn't care about who she was." Kazuha's voice was getting quieter, Beidou had to lean forward to hear better. "At first, she was on defence, but when she sensed the phoenix genes inside me, she immediately questioned me about where my wings are, I was really confused, until she asked me to picture a pair of wings just like hers on my back, I felt like another part of me was unlocked, that is when I looked back and saw a pair of wings, just like her." Kazuha smiled remembering what happened. "I asked her if she wants to live with me."

"But she is just a stranger you met in the woods." Ganyu questioned.

(Giving a break from such a long paragraph)

"I know, but I just felt like it, she is the same as me, she helped me unlock another part of me I would have never discovered, and she also needs shelter." Kazuha explained.

"Continue, I want to hear her answer." Beidou interrupted.

"Alright." Kazuha took a deep breathe before talking again.

"She was hesitant at first, but when it seemed like I won't give up, she accepted. I brought her to my estate, directly went to my father asking if we can take her into our family." Kazuha's smile grew, humouring at how direct his younger self was. "He accepted without hesitation, deciding that he would announce to the public as a missing twin with how much we looked alike. That is how I met my sister and I guess.. made her my sister." Kazuha finished off.

"Where is she now?" Ganyu asked. That is the question that the two ladies in the room had ever since he mentioned his sister.

"Me and her were travelling in Inazuma, escaping from the VHD as I have a vision. We were caught by shogunate soldiers while we had our wings out." Kazuha's eyes saddened. "When we were flying away, one of the arrows they were raining down on us hit her wing, causing her to fall..." The two can see a single tear at the corner of the samurai's eye. "She told me to escape, before she hit the ground and was taken away, I couldn't bare to look back, so I flew away."

"Oh ya, you didn't even tell us her name yet." Beidou suddenly realized.

"Right, her name is Kaedehara Fuka." Kazuha seems proud while saying that. "The name Fuka means wind and flower, I think that describes her well, she was kind and caring, just like a gentle breeze, everyone complimented her looks, she was as beautiful as a blooming flower, I wish I could have saved her, then maybe you two can also see her face to face."

"Man, now I really want to meet your pretty sister!" Beidou groaned.

"I'm sure you will find her soon." Ganyu comforted.

"I did promise myself, and I will not break a promise." Kazuha sound determined, Beidou and Ganyu felt bad for the boy, even though they don't really know the feeling of being separated from a family member they are attached to, they know how to synthesize with him.

Kazuha repeated his promise to himself again.

(See a pattern?)

I will find you Fuka, I will find you again like that beautiful, cold night, just like you, when I find you, let's dance in the sky once more.