Chapter 6: Hybrids

Kazuha wandered around Inazuma, he hasn't been back for a third of a year.

The first stop is Chinju Forest, where so many things happened, Kazuha can already feel his eyes tearing up, he shook his head to stop the tears and continued walking.

He was let out to go into the wild while Beidou 'leaves' Inazuma, she knew his wish to see how his homeland changed, so she let him go for the time being.

The path to Chinju Forest seems a bit worn out, there are more ronins and treasure horders around guarding chests, Paimon would absolutely horde these treasure chests.

When he finally got near Chinju Forest, he can already feel and hear the cold breeze, the small layer of mist that gives the forest its ominous feeling, the rushing water, and the silence of the night.

He stepped into the misty forest, that is when he can sense another being, another hybrid.

Kazuha was quick to find where the presence is and dashed over, it was in the same direction as when he found Fuka.

"Hello?" Kazuha quietly asked, he can feel the presence, how it is tensing up, on guard.

"It's fine, I am not here to hurt." He soon spotted the hybrid he sensed, it is a kitsune.

When he approached it, it hissed, it was a pink kitsune with five tails, if Kazuha remembers correctly, the amount of tails that a kitsune have shows how strong they are, so this one should be pretty strong.

"I am like you, calm down please." Kazuha released his wings, he can see the kitsune's surprise, it lowered its guard before speaking.

"A phoenix hybrid? I see, nice to meet you." A sly voice, that is not in the category of voices that Kazuha expected, he supposed that kitsunes are like foxes after all.

"My name is Kaedehara Kazuha, what may be yours?" Kazuha introduced.

"Yae Miko, so you're apart of the lost clan of the Kaedehara." Yae Miko noticed.

"Indeed, if I do remember, Yae Miko was once the head of the Shrine Maidens before leaving in exile to oppose the Shogun." Kazuha remembered his history lessons, they would always sound annoyed of Yae Miko because of how she opposed the Shogun.

"That is me, I opposed the Shogun because of how she sees illuminated beasts, I myself, is a illuminated beast hybrid so I would also be hated upon." Yae Miko explained.

"I too, am opposing the Shogun, how would you like to team up?" Kazuha asked.

"I would need more than myself to oppose the Shogun, I accept." Yae Miko then started glowing before transforming into a woman with pink hair and electric purple eyes, she is also wearing a Shrine Maiden outfit despite already leaving the Raiden Shogun, Yae Miko looks way more sly in her human form, Kazuha noticed how her ears are also visible.

"So, do you have a plan?" Yae Miko questioned.

"I am in the Watatumi resistance group, even though I doubt they can overthrow the Shogun, they do have the ambition to." Kazuha explained.

"I see, let's get going, this outfit is not helping with the coldness of the forest." Yae Miko shivered.

Kazuha held out his hand and a small ball of fire appeared above it.

"Kitsunes never forget, but it seems I forgot the fact that phoenix can create fire." Yae Miko humoured.

He then sent the ball of fire in front of Yae Miko, while they were walking, the fire ball is always directly in front of her to keep her warm.

When they exited the forest, they can feel another pair of eyes watching them, when they looked around, they can see a small tail sticking out of a bush, Kazuha quietly approached it, he watched the tail retract into the bush.