Chapter 5: Encounter

It is a day after Fuka's birthday, she decided to travel back to Hanamizaka.

What surprised her is that the pair that Thoma left at Ritou is leaving it with lady Hirragi, the pair sure bring surprises.

Fuka wanted to see how Traveler fights, she see observed from a distance. Traveler showed excellent blade work, easily able to switch from offence to defence, they controlled electro, but Fuka can see snippets of anemo and geo, which is what interested her.

She decided to accompany the pair as it seems they are also going to Inazuma City. She walked up to the pair after the others left, the surprise on their faces became an amusing picture in Fuka's head.

"Hua? I thought you are supposed to be in Ritou!" Paimon thought out loud.

"I travel to Inazuma City and back after spending one or two days there, I thought I would accompany you two through the plains, there are bountiful amount of ronins out there and I believe I would be a good guide. It is also because of the way you controlled electro, you do not carry a vision." Fuka explained.

"Traveler here is not from this world, when they touched the statue of sevens, they just give them the elements of their perspective region!" Paimon proudly said.

"So is there any other elements you can control?" Fuka asked.

"Anemo and Geo." Traveler plainly said, it seems they don't really know the accent of Teyvat, which is why Fuka believes that they are not from this world.

"That would be useful, let's get going, it is a long walk to Inazuma City." Fuka then walked off, hearing that Traveler is following, so Paimon is also following.

"Wait." Traveler called out.

"Hmm?" Fuka turned back and saw Traveler running to those ancient mechanisms, she usually just walk pass those since she doesn't understand how it works, and it also radiates an aura that Fuka feels uncomfortable around.

When Traveler touched it, it suddenly glowed with azure blue instead of the crimson red Fuka is used to, it also floated a bit above the ground.

Traveler then turned around and walked towards Fuka.

"How did you make it work?" Fuka asked the question that she first came up with.

"We have no idea, Traveler just touches it and it suddenly works. We found out that we can teleport to it if we are in a certain radius of it." Paimon explained, which fascinated Fuka more, the ancient mechanism seems to radiate a calming aura instead of the past suffocating feeling.

( I got a theory and it's that only the Traveler can unlock teleport waypoints because of their purification ability, corrupt thing seems to always be glowing red, so I thought that when the Traveler touches the waypoints, they unconsciously purified it as well. )

"That would proof to be useful in the future, let's get going, I can point out the mechanisms I usually see when travelling through the plains." She then started walking off again, with Traveler and Paimon following her.

By the end of the day, they managed to reach Konda Village, they travelled pretty quickly despite the fact that Traveler and Paimon kept wandering off at the sight of a treasure chest. Fuka usually stands there watching Traveler fight, but sometimes, she would send in a few wind currents to push away some of the enemies that was sneaking behind Traveler.

"There is another mechanism at the village, you can go activate it while I set up camp." Fuka instructed.

Traveler nodded, then the pair set off to go into the village, Fuka was looking like she was trying to start a fire until she saw and heard that no one was around, she then quickly snapped her fingers, creating a small flame in between her fingers and lit the campfire up.

When the pair came back, they can see that a small tent was put up and the girl grilling fish over a lit campfire.

"Oh, you're back. Come, I have recently grilled some fish from the river." Fuka invited them over.

"That smells delicious! Give Paimon one!" Paimon demanded.

"Wait, it's still ho-" Fuka didn't get to finish her warning before Paimon bit into the fish in a huge bite.

"Hot hot hot hot! Paimon's tongue hurts!" Paimon wailed.

Fuka sighed, "I tried to warn you."

"You're going to be fine Paimon." Traveler comforted.

"Now Paimon can't taste the fish!" Paimon groaned, her words were a bit off since she burned her tongue.

"You can taste the fish in the morning Paimon, don't worry." Fuka said while handing her some water.

Paimon chugged down the water, "Thanks Hua!"

"Since there is still some time left, mind telling me why you wish to go to Inazuma City?" Fuka asked Traveler.

"Oh! Paimon can explain!" Paimon jumped in.

"Then please explain it to me."

Paimon cleared her throat. "Traveler is on a journey to find the seven and their sibling, we have already met the Anemo and Geo archon, but they didn't give us any info about Traveler's sibling or the Unknown God that sealed Traveler onto Teyvat."

"Unknown God?" Fuka questioned.

"Oh ya, the Unknown God is the one that sent Traveler and their sibling to Teyvat, she even sealed away Traveler's powers!" Paimon explained.

"I see, so you two are here to meet the Raiden Shogun. I'm afraid that won't be easy." Fuka warned.

"We will still need to meet her in the end, after all, they always say, 'If you want a rainbow, you would have to deal with the rain.'" Paimon quoted.

"The rain seems never ending like eternity, but there are occasional times where the clouds open up to let the sunlight go through, I believe your path may be a rocky one, but there are always times to rest and enjoy the beautiful points of the world." Fuka encouraged.

"You talk just like Kazuha, I would have thought you two are related if not for how different you two look. He also came with us to Inazuma, Paimon doesn't know if he will stay though." Paimon commented. That give Fuka new info, Kazuha is in Inazuma, right now.

"Oh? I would love to share a few words of poetry with them if I could." Fuka tried to act clueless on who Kazuha is, and it works.

"Talking about similarities, he also has hyper sensitive ears, maybe you two are really related in someway." Paimon thought out loud.

"I'm sure he would share the same thought as me about how loud you can be." Fuka teased.

"Hey! Paimon is trying." Paimon pouted.

"We should go to sleep, we have to go across the rest of the plain tomorrow." Fuka noticed how high the moon is and decided to call it a night, she gained a lot of information from that conversation.

"Oh! Paimon was so focused on the conversation we are having that she didn't even notice how dark it is." Paimon said after looking around.

When they were about to sleep, Fuka repeated her promise to Kazuha again.

I will find you again Kazu, when I find you or when you find me, let's dance in the sky amongst the winds once again, just like before.