Chapter 1: Discovery

Before Kazuha knew it, he stepped forward and snatched the dying vision, what expression was on his face? He fled the scene, he can't let his friend's vision, which burned so brightly, be buried in the ice, cold statue of a god.

He kept on running, he doesn't know where to go, nowhere in Inazuma is safe, he lost all who is dear to him, his sister, and now his best friend.

He thought about just flying away, out of Inazuma, but he knew the eternal tempest surrounding Inazuma would stop him at any cause.

That is until he found man calling out to him.

"Kaedehara Kazuha right? Come, I will take you out of here." The mysterious man told him.

"Why are you helping me?" Kazuha questioned.

"Because the Yashiro Com- I mean, an unknown sponsor ordered me to help you escape." The man almost slipped up who the unknown sponsor is.

"I am grateful for your help." Kazuha said.

The man told Kazuha that the unknown sponsor already got everything he needs to go through the sea on the boat. Kazuha bid farewell to the man and told him to thank the unknown sponsor for him.

He knew that lightning and water is not a good mix when he is travelling so he tried his best to move fast, to be honest, he just needs to get out of the thunderstorm area, then he can sit in calm ocean waters.

He has been on the ocean for a day now, it is out of pure luck that lightning hasn't hit him his supply is still good, the unknown sponsor put a lot more essentials than just food and water, there even is a blanket, though he is sure he would be restless after everything that has transpired in the last two weeks. His sister was taken away 12 days ago, his best friend friend was killed yesterday, now the Shogun knows of his half phoenix nature.

Kazuha just hopes that he would make it to Liyue in the next few days.

The half phoenix has been on the ocean for two days now, he got out of the thunderstorm around the end of the first day, which means he can finally sleep.

Until his boat got struck by a bolt of lightning that managed to escape the thunderstorm. He was electro-charged and the boat turned over, knocked him into the water, the electro-charge knocked him out and left him drifting in the ocean.

"Captain! There is someone in the water!" The voice came from the crow's nest. Beidou immediately went to action.

"Quick! Get him out of the water!" Beidou called as the ship stopped beside the drifting person.

"Whatever! I am getting them myself!" Beidou quickly changed her mind and went to pick the person from the cold ocean.

"He is so cold! Get the blankets!" Beidou called out to everyone around her. They had almost never rescued people from the ocean before so they were a running mess.

"He looks Inazuman, you think he escaped Inazuma?" A crew member asked.

"It seems more common for Inazuman's to try escaping Inazuma now a days, come on, we need to prepare something warm for him when he wakes up." Beidou left the Inazuman boy in a blanket fort, the once soaked, shivering boy is now dry and warm.

When Kazuha opened his eyes, he expected himself to be dead, a corpse floating in the sea, but no, he felt himself buried in something and people are chatting all around him.

"Captain! He is awake!" Someone called.

"What!? Go bring him the soup!" Another voice called which Kazuha guessed to be the captain.

"Hey there kid, are you alright? Feeling ok?" The same voice asked him, his mind finally cleared and he can see that a female that looks to be in her twenties is in front of him.

He didn't say anything.

"Here, drink this, I found you drifting in the ocean, what were you doing?" She asked yet another question he stayed silent on, he also didn't drink the soup, afraid of a trap.

"Come on kid, you need to drink this, you caught a fever and we need you to be healthy to answer questions." The captain told him, and once again, he didn't do anything.

"Kid, Captain Beidou won't poison you, she genuinely cares about everyone so please, just drink the soup." A crew mate close by told him, after so many attempts, he finally decided to drink the soup.

He can see that he is buried in a pile of blankets, probably to keep him warm.

Kazuha can hear people cheering, he has no idea why until one of them yelled, "He finally drunk the soup!"

Oh, he never thought that they would be so happy when he just drunk the soup, perhaps it's because of all their attempts to make him drink the soup that just made them feel relieved.

"Can you at least tell us your name kid?" Captain Beidou asked him the question that is so simple yet has so much meaning for the half phoenix.

He simply shook his head indicating a no.

"I guess we have to wait until you feel comfortable around us then!" Kazuha had never thought she would just wait, he expect people to just throw him out when he doesn't talk.

It has been going like this for three months, Beidou asking him a question and his reply is either nods or a shake of his head.

Kazuha became an unofficial member of the Crux since he has been staying on the ship for three whole months. He expect himself to be thrown out in the first month, but the Crux has kept him for three months, waiting for him to finally speak.

Until the 100th day of Kazuha's arrival in Liyue did he finally speak his first word.

"Its been months now kid, you mind telling us your name now?" Beidou asked him the question she only asked once when she found him.

Kazuha decided that he should tell them now, Liyue was welcoming for him.

"...uha" Kazuha muttered, so quiet that Beidou could only hear the last part.

"What?" Beidou asked again and that caught the attention of everyone in a ten meter area, Kazuha had gotten to know most people in Liyue in the past 99 days, so most people of Liyue knows him and his habit of not speaking, everyone gathered in a three meter area around the two.

"Kazuha." He said, in a louder voice that is probably the quietest Beidou can go to, the absolute silence suddenly broke into cheers, some are even crying.

"He finally spoke!!!" Everyone cheered at the fact that Kazuha spoke his first words to the point of deciding that they will throw a party in the evening. Everyone felt like a proud parent when their baby spoke their first words except that the baby is Kazuha.

"There is really no need to throw such a party just for my first word spoken to you." Now that Kazuha decided to speak, he felt quite free knowing that he can speak in front of everyone now.

"No! This day deserves a party, everyone will not forget Kazuha's first words in Liyue!" One of the people said.

"I suppose, but I do hope it isn't too loud, I don't like such." Kazuha told everyone.

"Of course! We will follow your wishes for this party!" Someone else said for everyone.

"My sincere gratitude." Kazuha thanked everyone.

Even though his days in Liyue was nothing but joy, he can't find that as much as everyone else, he can't spread his wings freely, his sister is still trapped by the shogunate, and he still carried his friend's hollow vision.

I promised that I will find you again like that day, I will find you again and we can spread our wings and dance in the sky.