only memories are forever

"Why don't you read it yourself

"Why don't you read it yourself." Vada said in a shaky voice, trying her hardest to hold back her tears. Mia sat up instantly, trying to comprehend her sudden change in emotion. She grabbed the phone, adjusting her eyes.

Shit, she thought to herself.

"I can explain Vada," She said while reading the text again then looking back up at her, realizing how bad it looks.

"Listen I know this looks terrible but I promise you this isn't what it looks like. Evie is the girl who saved my life. The person who called 911."

Mia stared at the girl with intense focus trying to figure out how she was going to react. But she didn't, in fact she said nothing. She sat there so dumbfounded, her trust issues manifesting. All she could do was nod her head.

"Please say someth—" Mia said interrupted by a knock at the door.

"Vada?" They heard Amelia whisper through the door crack.

"Mom needs us home."

"Okay," Vada spoke in a shaky voice, slowly getting up and grabbing her things.

"See ya later." Vada mumbled, not even looking in Mia's direction.

Mia watched as Vada left, trying to spit something out but instead let out a painful cry. Her eyes burning as tears dropped on her hands.

She laid there crying for a few minutes and then decided to make the irrational decision to grab some wine. Knowing fully this wasn't a smart idea after just getting out of the hospital.

Picking up her Cabernet, she poured a hefty amount and began to chug. Standing there in disbelief of how shitty this morning has already been.

How the actual f*ck am I going to fix this? She thought to herself.

Returning to her room, she picking up her phone and plopped on her bed. To her surprise, she received another text from from Evie.

______________________________

now
Evelyn
Haven't heard back from you since you left the hospital. You good?

______________________________

Mia groaned, throwing her phone down by the foot of the bed. She didn't want to be rude by not responding but in this moment all she could possibly think about was Vada. The way she left without even looking at her keeps replaying in her mind.

She reached down for her phone and typed out "Please text me when you get home" to Vada. Hovering over the send button for a second before finally making a final decision to send it. She let out a huge sigh and noticed the two unread messaged from Evie.
Hesitant to respond, she clicked their messages and thought about what she should do.

"I mean she did save my life." Mia whispered to herself with a strain in her voice.

She texted her saying that she's okay and feeling a lot better even though that was a complete lie.

They continued making small talk for the a little while when Mia received a text that made her involuntarily pause.

"What's your address? I'm going to drop off some homemade soup. If that's okay with you?"

Mia widened her eyes not knowing what to do. That's so sweet she thought to herself.

-
-
-

Thank you guys for all the feedback! You guys fr keep me motivated to finish this