Chapter 7- Time to talk

Clary's POV -

Upon arriving in the kitchen, I find Matty cooking quesadillas. Silently hoping she was a better cook than Izzy I offer to help and she tells me where to find the salsa and chips.

While I'm helping Matty cook Matty and I talk about random stuff like: shadowhunting and our families.

Turns out Matty is the only living child that she knows of, although her older brother and sister (she is the third oldest) are still missing after a failed raid on a great demon hide-out. Their names were or are Zeke age 19 and Kaylee age 18, her other siblings names were Morgan age 15, Hannah age 13, and Gatlin age 11.

{}{}{}{}{}
A/N - Ages
Jace-17 Clary-17 Matty-17 Hunter-16
Brandon-17 George-18 Nate-18 Izzy-17
Max-11 Simon-17 Emma-15 Jules-15
Alec-18 Magnus-sparkles

And Simon is a vamp but can be in the institute because of a rune made by Clary Just FYI ~Waffles
{}{}{}{}{}

Then we came to the dreaded topic of boyfriends...

Just kidding keep reading

When boyfriends came up Matty talked for awhile about past relationships and mishaps, like how her first kiss was with her sisters boyfriend because she turned a corner and ran smack into him. And after about 5 minutes of laughing about her past struggles it was my turn.

I decided to tell Matty what Jace did after all the stuff she had told me. So I told her everything from seeing Jace with her up to when I arrived in Maine and met her.

At some point while I was talking two things happened 1)Brandon and George came into the kitchen unnoticed and we're listening and 2)I started crying because I loved Jace and I couldn't believe what had happened.