Chapter 3- Safe Haven

Clary's POV-
I wanted nothing more than a safe place to hid and that is what I got.

I stood in front of the California Institute, I walked up and knocked even though I would have been granted access any way being a shadowhunter.

And there stood Emma who seemed overjoyed at the site of me. Emma screamed a very happy sound and almost tackled me as she hugged me.

Jules, Emma's parabatai, came running down the stairs seraph blade in hand at the sound of Emma's screams. Seeing me realization spread across his face as he ran and hugged me and Emma in one big bear hug.

After all the Blackthorn children had hugged me the group gathered in the library to hear news of why I was there and alone. Emma immediately asked me where Jace was, I began to cry as soon as I heard Jace's name. Emma ran to me and hugged me as I sobbed.

Once I was done sobbing Emma decided I must be hungry and led the group to the kitchen explaining that their uncle was in Idris at a Clave meeting.

While I was eating I told the Blackthorns that Jace had done something terrible, but didn't want to talk about it. I asked if the Blackthorns would contact the other institutes to see which ones the Lightwoods had visited already.

After about an hour Jules came in stating that Izzy, Alec, Simon, Magnus, and Jace had already visited the Canada, Maine, and Florida institutes. I knew Magnus could only perform so much magic without it draining his strength.

I was offered a room in the institute which I took great fully, knowing that I would not be able to stay long.

----------TWO DAYS LATER-----------

I awakened to Emma shaking me awake telling me to run, that Jace was here and he knew I was there.

Quickly myself with the help of Emma repacked my things and drew a portal asking Emma if I could return in a week once Jace was long gone, Emma quickly agreed. As I hugged Emma goodbye the we heard the sound of loud voices and opening doors.

I knew they were close and I needed to leave. Just as I was about to step into the portal the door flew open and there stood Izzy. Izzy looked like she hadn't slept in days and had tear stains down her cheeks that looked fresh. Just then Jace came running in pleading with me to listen to him, but I quickly stepped into the portal.