Chapter 5-The Hideaway

Clary's POV-

I landed on a bush when I came out of the portal. And a girl around my age stood 10 ft away laughing her head off as I squashed the bush.

Finally the girl seemed to realize I was stuck and came over to help me off the plant which looked abused.

Once I was out of the bush the girl introduced herself as Matty. Matty had rather curly blonde hair the reached her mid back, she was about 5'7' or about an inch or two taller if you added her hair to her height. She had light brown eyes with flecks of gold in them.

This made me think of Jace's golden eyes and I almost started crying so I focused in stead on the rest of her face.

She had a few freckles and thick eyelashes but she had average facial structures so I didn't feel ugly when I looked at her.

"Hi, my names Clary and I was wondering if I could stay with you for a while."

"Of course I could never turn down having another girl around, all the guys are extremely annoying," said Matty.

I could tell right away we were going to be great friends.

As we walked into the Maine Institute Matty asked me where I had come from.

I told her, "I just had a bad breakup and I don't want to talk about."

Realization spread across her face, "your Clary Fray the girl the people from the New York institute were looking for."

I nodded my head, "whatever you do don't tell them I'm here, I'm not going to stay long but I'd like to stay for a week or at least until I get a message to the California institute if that's ok."

"Of course stay as long as you want come in and I'll introduce you to the others," said Matty so I followed her inside.

The Maine institute was the exact same as the New York institute, except the Maine Institute had an extra floor which had only guest rooms.