Chapter 7 - The Feeling of Sadness

Location - The Park

Your POV

I'm hanging out at the park with Chisato after having our date. Moments later, Reona spotted us, and she looked very mad. What was going on with her?

"Reona, is everything okay?" I asked.

"No, it's not!" She snapped. I've never seen her this angry before.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a picnic date with Pastel*Palettes?" She asked through glaring eyes.

"I guess it slipped my mind." I said as I looked away.

"If you told me you were doing that, then I so would've tagged along with you." She said.

Now I was confused.

"Wait, I thought you couldn't go because you were sick." I said.

Now it was Reona's turn to be confused.

"Huh? I wasn't sick." She said. "Who told you that?"

"Chisato told me that..." I said, then I began to realize something.

Both of us were staring at Chisato, who looked away from us. She did looked guilty about something, so we decided to confront her about it.

"Chisato, is there something you're hiding from us?" I asked.

She said nothing for a while, then she began to crack.

"Fine, yes! I lied to you about Pareo-chan being sick on the day of the picnic, and Pareo-chan, I chose not to invite you." She confessed.

Chisato's confession shattered my heart to pieces. I thought Chisato was really kind, but I guess I have her all wrong.

"But... Chisato-san, why would you do this?" Reona asked.

"Because..." She started.

"Because?"

"Because I didn't want (Y/N)-kun to focus on you so much." She said. "I wanted to be close with him, too."

Pareo looked like she was going to cry. Without another word, she began to run away.

"Reona! Wait!"

She was gone. I began to look at Chisato, but I was feeling nothing but anger.

"Chisato... how could you do this to us?" I asked.

"I'm sorry..." She said as the feeling of guilt was starting to get to her. "I just want to be close with you, like Pareo-chan is with you."

"Well, after what happened, that's never going to happen now." I said, and started walking away.

Chisato grabbed my wrist to stop me from moving. I looked to see tears flowing down from her eyes.

"Please don't leave." She begged. "Let's talk about this."

"There's nothing to talk about."

I freed my arm from her grip.

"Have a nice life." I said one last time before leaving completely.

To think I was starting to gain feelings for her, but after learning what she did, it'll be a while before I can trust her or anyone else again.
_____________________________________________

The next day...

Location - Talent Agency, Studio Room

Chisato's POV

All morning I've been trying my best to talk to (Y/N), and apologize for what I did, but no matter how hard I tried, he never responded back to me. This was breaking my heart. And eventually, I stopped trying.

Today I was scheduled to go to the talent agency and practice with my band members. Ever since we became friends with (Y/N), I always made sure to invite him to the agency to watch us practice. But after yesterday, there was no point in inviting him. I didn't want them to know that I was feeling down in the dumps, so when I walked into the studio room, I just put on a fake smile.

"Good morning, everyone." I said.

"Ah, Chisato-chan! Glad you can join us!" Hina said.

"Looks everyone is here, so we can get started with practice." Maya said.

"Hang on, has anyone seen (Y/N)-kun?" Eve asked.

"Oh yeah, he's usually here to watch us practice, right?" Aya asked.

Hearing everyone talk about why (Y/N) isn't here is making me uncomfortable, so I quickly gave them an answer.

"Actually, I don't think he'll join us today." I said.

"Really? Why's that?" Hina asked.

"I don't know, but he said he didn't want to come." I replied.

The others were sad that about (Y/N) not coming. I think they were used to him being here as well. But at least they didn't question it.

"Oh well, let's get started to practice and make (Y/N)-kun proud the next time we see him!" Aya declared. The others agreed with her, while I didn't say anything.
_____________________________________________

An hour later...

Practice was going as bad as I thought it was. While playing the bass, my thoughts went somewhere else. Maya and the others kept pointing out the mistakes I made. I'm kept saying sorry, and insisted that we should keep going. And so we did.

After a while, we took a break and I sat over in the corner with my phone alone. I checked my messages to see if (Y/N) responded during practice, but he didn't. This broke my heart even more, and tears were rolling down my eyes.

"Chisato-chan?"

I looked up, and saw everyone with worried expression.

"Oh, hi guys..."

"What's wrong, Chisato-san?" Maya asked. "Why are you crying?"

"You see..."

I broke down and told them everything that happened between (Y/N) and Pareo. I thought they would be mad at me, but instead, they just felt sorry for me.

"So... the reason why (Y/N)-kun isn't here..." Aya began.

"It's because of me..." I replied. "I was so jealous of the special bond those two had."

"Jealous, huh? I don't know about that." Hina said.

"What do you mean?" Eve asked.

"I asked (Y/N)-kun if he had a favorite member in Pastel*Palettes, and to my surprise, he liked Chisato-chan the most."

Hearing that made my heart skip a beat. (Y/N) has been talking about me this whole time?

"He does? Well, I don't blame him. Chisato-chan is amazing, after all." Aya said.

"She plays the bass well, and she's talented when it comes to acting." Maya said.

"And she knows how to take care of our health, as well." Eve added.

"That's right! She's so boppin'!" Hina said.

I began to blush with embarrassment.

"Guys... this praise is too much." I said.

"Well, it is the truth, after all." Aya said.

After hearing what (Y/N) has been saying about me, it made me realize that I don't want to lose him. I want him back in my life, and I think I know how to do it.

"Guys, can we go somewhere together after practice?" I asked as they looked at each other in confusion.

"We don't mind, but where are we going?" Maya asked.

"To Pareo-chan's house."

To be continued.

A/N: Looks like Chisato is going to fix her mistakes, and Pareo is first. Will she be forgiven?
Thank you so much for reading this chapter. I hope you guys liked it, and I'll see you in the next one. :)